North Alabama & Middle Tennessee Meetup

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Anyone interested in a weekend meetup sometime this summer, maybe around early June? I know of some good roads in my area, especially toward Winchester, TN (Tims Ford Lake).

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
I’d be interested. Only a few hours north of me. Maybe the few here in the Pan Handle would be interested as well? Assuming I’m registered by then at least

trophy1

I'm interested as well. I'll keep checking for when you get a firm date and time. I would like to meet more people with Goblins, as I have a lot of questions being new to this.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I'll occasionally mention this for the next month or so to judge interest. Even if there isn't enough interest to set an official date, I'll be happy to spend a weekend showing some good roads to anyone interested in visiting the area.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Bump. If someone has a weekend that works better for them feel free to suggest it. It could also be Memorial Day Weekend if that works better.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
So if we get enough interest to make this happen (and again I'm available if it's only one) how many days and miles/per driving are people interested in doing? I'm thinking people come in on Friday, do some driving Saturday and Sunday and home Monday? Probably won't be a lot of tourism type stuff although maybe people could tour the Jack Danial's Distillery if they have reopened the tours.

I'm a little slow at work today and might play a little with some route planners.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
No date set yet, open to suggestions. Start area will be in the area of Ardmore, AL and heading into Tennessee.
Here is a possible route I laid out (if the link will work, first time I've used plotaroute.com)

95Blitz

I emailed DF this morning and have my MCO on the way. So maybe I will be able to make it. That route looks great. :cool:

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
So as bump of this thread, those of you that might be interested in coming, how much driving do you want to do? 4-5 hrs a day or 8 hours? I'm up for either but if the longer I want to check out some of the roads I haven't been on since I quit riding motorcycles 20 years ago. I'm off work this Friday and might have time to check some of them out.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
I’d probably be down for 4-5 hours. 8 might be a little much, but I haven’t gotten mine driving yet so I don’t know how comfortable it’ll be

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Drove most of the Lawrenceburg-Columbia route this past weekend and will be a good drive. I've driven most of it before, but it's even more fun in the Goblin than in my Camaro.

think about the 200 mile range will be plenty for a day, especially if you add a little driving time to/from a meetup point.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I'll be unavailable early on the morning of Friday, June 24th. Doesn't mean it can't happen that weekend or even that Friday, I will just be unavailable to start until about 10:00am that morning.

At this point the date can be set by whoever might throw out a semi-committed date first.