Oil cooler replacement.

Peregrinus

I ordered an oil cooler adapter, and I'm going to do an external oil cooler. I already have the cooler fittings hoses and everything needed. Can I swap the one hose for the coolant tank which comes out of the water manifold upward to one of the old oil cooler coolant lines for easier plumbing next to the fuse box? They are all connected so I assume this would be perfectly fine right?

Getting rid of that cooler in there will free up a ton of space for wiring and stuff to be easier to manage.

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
Not sure if this applies... some have gone this route, but others do not like the thermostat delete:

Peregrinus

I've seen that, I don't need to do that luckily, the housing itself is fine, eliminating the oil cooler is a whole separate part, I just wanna make sure I can cap the usual port we use and use one of the oil cooler ports for the coolant tank. Which I'm pretty sure will be fine. Just wondering if anyone else has done it

Peregrinus

I looked at the spare water neck section I have. I definitely will be able to use one of the oil cooler lines for a better routed coolant return from the expansion tank. I'll throw up more details and pics when It's all done.

Fozda

I looked at the spare water neck section I have. I definitely will be able to use one of the oil cooler lines for a better routed coolant return from the expansion tank. I'll throw up more details and pics when It's all done.
Hey! Waiting on those updated pics! I'm about to remove the stock oil cooler for an aftermarket one so that seems like a good time to make that area cleaner.

Peregrinus

Oops, my bad, next time I get over to the storage unit I'll see if I can snag some pictures.

It definitely cleans the entire area up. I'll shoot over there sometime this week or next and snap some pics.

Car is in storage for winter now sadly so I totally forgot.

Fozda

Oops, my bad, next time I get over to the storage unit I'll see if I can snag some pictures.

It definitely cleans the entire area up. I'll shoot over there sometime this week or next and snap some pics.

Car is in storage for winter now sadly so I totally forgot.
No worries! Thanks for getting pics when you can. Mine's in storage too but that means it's in a buddies heated garage so I'll still be able to work on it over the winter.