Oregon/ General questions for DMV

Hey all! I've been following these forums for about 2 months now and I've been incredibly interested in building a goblin. One thing I've been having trouble finding is what would be the answers I'd give to my local dmv or I guess how would I go about telling my dmv about registering a goblin. I don't necessarily wanna start shopping for a SC cobalt until I know for certain I could make this thing street legal. My wife and I have been looking for a fun weekend vehicle and this fits perfectly! I do apologize if this has already been brought up and apologize for my mundane questions. I'm a total noob when it comes to this!

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
no matter what state you are in, a goblin can still be registered going the “Montana route,” there is just a little more footwork on your part to get it registered if your state is a stickler about registering it in the state.

Honestly I'm just going off of the info you provided earlier. I'll give the dmv a call tomorrow and I can update when I get some answers. Didn't know I could register a vehicle as an assembled one so I'm assuming it should be pretty straight forward.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Here in Texas we are considered an “assembled vehicle” and reading off your state’s site, I don’t see why it wouldn’t be considered the same. I would check on it though. You just never know. Not to mention, you’ll have to find someone that knows what they are talking about too, not just a person that says yes or no.

if all else fails, there’s the Montana route.

im going to try and look up some other stuff for ya real quick.

Here in Texas we are considered an “assembled vehicle” and reading off your state’s site, I don’t see why it wouldn’t be considered the same. I would check on it though. You just never know. Not to mention, you’ll have to find someone that knows what they are talking about too, not just a person that says yes or no.

if all else fails, there’s the Montana route.

im going to try and look up some other stuff for ya real quick.
Honestly I've never heard of the montana route haha but thank you, I really appreciate the help!

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
If it’s truly that easy, I’ll be impressed. :eek: But it looks like “it’s just that easy”. A few forms to fill out and an emission test, in certain areas.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
If y’all get this done, make a make a new thread on the process or update this one, so others will know.

Aguinaga

Hey I'm not sure what part of Oregon you are in, I'm right outside of Stayton. about 20 minutes east of Salem. My frame number is 233. I'll send you a message.

jFritzies

I attempted to swing by the dmv today to title and register the goblin. However, there was a line out the door so I’ll be checking in another day. I seem to have everything I need accept the cobalt title is with the junkyard I dropped it off at. Worst case scenario I can hopefully go get it back from them. Guess we’ll see what the dmv thinks. Wish me luck!