[Poll] Tuning Section?

Would you find a Tuning section useful?

• Total voters

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
As the title would suggest, would you find a section specific to Tuning useful? Main reason I ask is that these builds almost require a tune (at a minimum a MAF correction) in order to run correctly in most Goblin configurations. We have tuning conversations peppered throughout the site which are typically intermingled with build logs and generally get lost.

This would be a space that could become a resource for tunes, scans, and serve as a communal area to talk through the tuning approach and more advanced concepts.

Whatcha' think?

Rttoys

Goblin Guru

Here’s a thread on it.

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru

Here’s a thread on it.
Yep! what that thread shows is there is an appetite for it. It also underscores the issues with having one thread devoted to tuning across lnf/lsj etc. platforms or posts in build logs.

Anks329

Definitely think a tuning section would be a great idea! Like mentioned, there are a bunch of threads about this already, but a consolidated area would help new members also.

G Atsma

Goblin Guru
Another forum that I loiter around has a section called "PCM Diagnostics and Tuning". I would bet a similar comprehensive title might fill the bill here. JMHO....

Tinkles

My question is: Do we have any members that are experienced with HP Tuners and other similar software and the factory PCMs? Personally I understand a decent bit of it, but I do not have any experience behind a laptop.

It would give me a place to have a dedicated thread to my ventures with the MS3 Pro.

Rauq

Goblin Guru
I'm no expert tuner but I tuned my cammed LS1 a few years back and also did some work on another centrifugal supercharged LS1. I'm planning on doing at least most of the tuning on the LSJ on my build. I voted in favor; I've read good advice both around this forum and on other sites, but a consolidated location for discussion and knowledge sharing would be useful.

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
@Adam @Lonny - Would you gents say the poll is sufficient evidence to support the creation of a section related to PCM Diagnostics & Tuning (dealers choice on naming) and structure it as you see fit (ie different subcategories for LNF, LSJ etc) ?

Last edited:

PaulPerger

Agree with everything here... Ironically, I've been discussing tuning my SS now, as I figure most of it will still be good after the Swap to the Goblin.