PyroGuy's '08 SS/TC Build - #208 - REGIRSTERED!

PyroGuy923

I can send you some extensions. But for now, you can maximize the length of everything and get it diving.
The first adjustments will need to be made with the shifter off of the tunnel.
Instructions here.
Until you get the extensions you will need to install the rod ends onto the shifter cables only about three turns. And the big adjustment nuts on the shifter cables will need to be bottomed out. This makes the cables think they are longer. This should get the bell cranks close enough to vertical that it will shift.
Send a message to support@dfkitcar tomorrow and we will get a set of extensions sent your way.
Thanks Lonny. I've been in contact with Kim about my seats and already sent a message about this.

PyroGuy923

Well today didn't go as planned but did make some progress.

Recently the car started to stall when running and occassionally wouldn't start. After doing some digging there was an igition switch recal on the Cobalts. I order a new switch with the intention to swap it out and learn the new key but boy was I wrong. I swapped the ignition switch and the car won't crank even after going through the relearn process multiple times. There is no security lock on the gauge which is odd.

Anywho. Got the headlights (Auxito H4 6500 LED Headlights), mirrors, and trailer light, I mean 3rd brake light, and license plate light all wired in.

Sparvy

Recently the car started to stall when running and occassionally wouldn't start. After doing some digging there was an igition switch recal on the Cobalts. I order a new switch with the intention to swap it out and learn the new key but boy was I wrong. I swapped the ignition switch and the car won't crank even after going through the relearn process multiple times. There is no security lock on the gauge which is odd.

Anywho. Got the headlights (Auxito H4 6500 LED Headlights), mirrors, and trailer light, I mean 3rd brake light, and license plate light all wired in.

What 3d brake light did you use if you don't mind sharing?

PyroGuy923

What 3d brake light did you use if you don't mind sharing?

When wiring in had issues with using the power and group for the license plate light and the 3rd brake light wire. It was sending ~9.5 volts when the brake wasn't pressed and ~12 when it was. The ~9.5 was enough to trip the light. We ended up using the license plate positive and ground, then the green wire from the right turn signal, and the yellow from the left. Didn't connect a wire to the 3rd brake light.

Sparvy

When wiring in had issues with using the power and group for the license plate light and the 3rd brake light wire. It was sending ~9.5 volts when the brake wasn't pressed and ~12 when it was. The ~9.5 was enough to trip the light. We ended up using the license plate positive and ground, then the green wire from the right turn signal, and the yellow from the left. Didn't connect a wire to the 3rd brake light.
Great...thanks for the info.

PyroGuy923

Good progress today. Rebuilt the front passenger brake caliper since it was leaking. The inner seal didn't look to be thick enough so fluid was getting by.

Ended up finding and fixing the electrical gremlin. The engine ground by the transmission worked itself loose.

BCM Kick Plate Installed

Firewall Installed

Parking Brake Installed

And mounted the license plate light. Its the plate of my daily, not registered yet)

PyroGuy923

The side panels help to reduce the amount of gravel getting thrown into the cabin
I've got them. Just deciding how I want to attach them since I want to wrap the body panels. I've thought about using rivnuts and someone else mentioned it too. Just figuring out the hole size that would nee to be drilled into the chassis and how much, if any, it would weaken it.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Someone else on here mentioned using Adel clamps, which I thought was a very good idea, and would have been the route I went if I hadn't already attached mine.

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
I attached mine with well nuts and M4 machine screws, thinking that the rubber would help mitigate vibration and seal the holes from water ingress.

PyroGuy923

Someone else on here mentioned using Adel clamps, which I thought was a very good idea, and would have been the route I went if I hadn't already attached mine.
I like that idea. I have a ton of those available and doesn't require hose in the chassis.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
I like that idea. I have a ton of those available and doesn't require hose in the chassis.
Right. Only downside is, it would not use the pre-existing holes on the side panels, but they're very small anyway and if you're wrapping the panels, they'll be barely noticeable.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
I've got them. Just deciding how I want to attach them since I want to wrap the body panels. I've thought about using rivnuts and someone else mentioned it too. Just figuring out the hole size that would nee to be drilled into the chassis and how much, if any, it would weaken it.
Small holes that are not into the welds are typically ok, like the rivet holes drilled by DF. Enlarging these existing holes to place nutserts or other removable fasteners should not pose a problem as long as it is kept at the minimum. 3mm or smaller nutserts would be your best choice if you decide to go with them.

ToxicBill

Yeah . . . I'm going to go ahead and copy you on the 3rd brake light - and I'm not even shy about it. Plagiarism is the best form of flattery, right?

PyroGuy923

Sides painted just to keep them from getting nasty. Plus it will match the fiberglass until I can get it all wrapped.

MCO showed up this week. Seats and harnesses mounted. Working on the hood latch then on to sides, fenders, and engine cover then time to get her inspected and registered.