Redrilled bearing hubs

Jareth

Goblin Guru
May I ask what the definition is of "redrilled bearing hubs" are they used ones that have been "Redrilled" to be used on the Goblin?

Ross

Goblin Guru
DF will redrill stock 5x110mm hubs over to 5x114.3mm, then we have better wheel selection.

Iwanttogofast

Have any of you other CNC Machinists attempted to redrill (mill) your own hubs? We're not supposed to do "government work" where I work, but everyone does. I would imagine that as long as you seal off the WSS port, there should be no worry about coolant intrusion - right? The hubs are sealed other than that, I believe. I am considering giving it a shot...

CodyP

Have any of you other CNC Machinists attempted to redrill (mill) your own hubs? We're not supposed to do "government work" where I work, but everyone does. I would imagine that as long as you seal off the WSS port, there should be no worry about coolant intrusion - right? The hubs are sealed other than that, I believe. I am considering giving it a shot...
People redrill their hubs all the time. DF offers them at a fair price for a new hub and the work is already done. I believe that if you do them yourself you also have to machine the back side flat so that the studs will sit flush. It doesn't look like too difficult of a task if you have the skills.