Rttoys’s track- ‘06 ss/sc #184

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
So, as fun as the goblin is, mine just seemed underpowered. 1st and 2nd was plenty of power, but 3rd and up it seem to struggle. When I drove the cobalt (very short drives) it seem underpowered. Once I hooked up the boost gage, it was easy to see, I’m not making boost. 3psi to be exact. Checked for codes and found a P0033- supercharger bypass control valve control circuit open. After some diagnosing, I replaced the boost bypass solenoid. Woooooo I have 13 psi now. :eek: Now she moves. :cool:

0 to 80 comes quickly and plenty of power on tap in all gears. :cool: Now time to get my inspections and start mods.

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
So, as fun as the goblin is, mine just seemed underpowered. 1st and 2nd was plenty of power, but 3rd and up it seem to struggle. When I drove the cobalt (very short drives) it seem underpowered. Once I hooked up the boost gage, it was easy to see, I’m not making boost. 3psi to be exact. Checked for codes and found a P0033- supercharger bypass control valve control circuit open. After some diagnosing, I replaced the boost bypass solenoid. Woooooo I have 13 psi now. :eek: Now she moves. :cool:

0 to 80 comes quickly and plenty of power on tap in all gears. :cool: Now time to get my inspections and start mods.
What a difference when the boost is working

benjy

Kinda makes me want to sabotage my turbo to not build pressure and drive it like that for a couple weeks, just so I can really appreciate it when it is functional

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
:DTie off the waist gate to open and go for it. Thats basically what it was doing. I wouldn’t doubt I was 30-50hp down and on a lightweight vehicle like this, that’s very noticeable. o_O

disclaimer...... would not recommend. ;)

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Took the goblin to get inspected this morning. It passed. went to go to loves to get a weight slip .......and lost the clutch again. Limped it home in 3rd gear and fixed the clutch line again, hopefully for the last time. The trans mount bracket is putting a bunch of pressure on the clutch line elbow, which I think would jack the seal and put it out of position. Once it wiggles enough, it fails. At least that's my theory. So I shaved a good bit off of the trans mount to relieve the pressure. Now it sits in a much more relaxed position, than before.

so I guess tomorrow I'll go get it weighed.

on the plus side, you can start it in first and clutch less up shift. The goblin can come all the way down to almost a stop and recover coming up. Plus, you can cruise 45-50 in third gear. :cool:

Attachments

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
I drove 70 miles overall today to hit 2 different cat scales, that couldn’t read something so light. :rolleyes:

On the plus side, I drove 70 nice miles on some decent backroads. :cool:
Pull onto the scales with something bigger, like a 1 ton pickup truck or box truck, get the total weight of both vehicles, the pull off the scales and the difference between the two - net weight - is the weight of your Goblin. Not sure how that would look on a weight ticket to show to someone at the DMV?

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I’m thinking of putting it on my small trailer. Drive on the scales and detach. It should get it over 2k [their minimum). I figure something around 2k should be fine to send in to the state.

ToxicBill

Made some good progress this afternoon. I must have thrown the old rad hoses away and for some reason the lower hose on mine is made of unobtainium. :rolleyes: So, just looking at other hoses, I decided to try a lower hose for a 2010 cobalt with the 2.2L. It actually routes nicely and looks like it belongs. :cool:
Going from fuel pump to fuel filter, how did you go about cutting the fuel lines away from the connectors? It looks like you kept the original connectors. Just real slowly with a knife?

I'm trying to mount the fuel filter and it simply isn't cooperating.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I used a razor blade and was careful not to mess up the connector. Kind of chiseled at it till it came lose.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Jason and I went to a local street meet at Buc-ees. Quite the conversation piece.

and if you don’t know Buc-ees https://buc-ees.com/
Old school 8 cylinder muscle just does not look kindly at the light little 4 bangers with turbos and superchargers......... ;)
Even though we can blow the steel doors off of 'em....

:cool: