Sluggonaut's Extended Track #364 - 2007 SS/SC (Turbo) Donor

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
Finished up just about everything except the footwell cover. That will go on the list of off-season projects that should be starting in just a couple of months.

I got some Falkens mounted to the wheels I bought last year on a deep discount and got those mounted today. It should look a lot better once I get the body parts back on. I now understand the rock flinging issue and have started a small collection in the seats:

I'm adding this pic because it captures what Prismatic Powder's Illusion series of colors looks like in the sun:

Other things that have been finished in the past couple of weeks include the splitter and supports:

Boost controller mount under the cluster:

A blurry pic of the steering wheel buttons quick connect and brake proportioning valve...:

...and the buttons that use that cable - scramble button on the left and horn on the right:

The last things on my list are to get the hood/side panels mounted and to set up the boost controller. I installed some rivnuts for the side panels but I had trouble getting the 4mm rivnuts to anchor in a few spots so I'm working through some solutions there. I need to configure the GFB Gforce III presets so I can use the scramble button to switch between them. I'm likely going to use one setting for lower boost (12psi), one setting with some gain to control spooling, and another for straight 23 psi and no gain input. I'll go from there based on the results.

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
I haven't posted in a while but the Gfroce III configuration was a breeze and makes the car driveable at all boost levels now, especially with the stickier tires. I'm still not a fan of the ever-growing rock collection, but the traction upgrade is appreciated.

I was able to take it out last week when we hit 80 degrees for no reason right before the snow fell this week, and I tried the cruise control again for no other reason than to see if doing nothing actually fixed it. It worked fine. I'm not sure what changed, but I could never seem to get it to work before. It was likely driver error previously or the few fusebox removal/installs I've done since last trying may have done something.

I never got the side panels back on (I'm not a fan), but I've added that to my list of winter projects. I haven't removed the tires to store inside just yet, as we may hit the 60's this weekend. Hopefully, I can squeeze in one more cruise before I call the season over.