Throttle Pedal in Correct Position?

KingChuck24

We mocked up the seats today and noticed that the gas pedal is much further away from the brake and clutch pedal, this also means it is much farther away and harder to press when in the seat. Is it in the correct spot?

Just realized I probably should have got a photo of the top half of the pedals, I will get that tomorrow.

KingChuck24

I am 5’10” and am having to stretch a little to reach the gas. Is that normal or are the seats mounted incorrectly?

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
I'm the same height and have no problem, but I have the "old standard length" frame, you don't.

If you got the Corbeau seats offered by DF, then it's likely in my opinion that you'll need to stretch to reach the gas pedal.

There are people here who extended the reach of the gas pedal via 3d-printed extension. I highly, highly recommend pausing for a bit to read through some build threads, even if you only skim. They can answer a lot of questions before they are even thought of!

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I'm the same height and have no problem, but I have the "old standard length" frame, you don't.
same here. Mine is also the shorter frame and I use NRG seats, adjusted all the way back. I’m 5’9” with 11.5” shoe size. I use race shoes to be more comfortable. I have driven a few extended frame goblins, with various seats and all of them I had to adjust the seat forward to get comfortable. Not sure if your seats are adjustable.

the throttle and brake are in the same configuration as a stock cobalt.
ED4F4DDC-25FD-4467-B192-3EBB67FBB867.jpeg

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
If you are going to be on a track, you will not want the brake pedal lined up with the gas pedal. You want it lined up when the brake pedal is depressed some so you can roll your right foot over and blip the throttle easily when down shifting. The stock location provides for that pretty well. Disclaimer - I am not a professional driver and am still shoving my feet all over the place......... :)

Lndshrk Steve

If you are going to be on a track, you will not want the brake pedal lined up with the gas pedal. You want it lined up when the brake pedal is depressed some so you can roll your right foot over and blip the throttle easily when down shifting. The stock location provides for that pretty well. Disclaimer - I am not a professional driver and am still shoving my feet all over the place......... :)
I AM a professional driver and you are correct. The gas pedal should be near the brake pedal when you are applying full brake. The downshifts ALWAYS happen in the brake zone and it should not add any braking force to the car. The downshift is just a necessary evil performed in the brake zone. It always starts after the brake is set and is completed before you turn the car in.