Tire Pressures

Indy Lonnie

Tires sitting in the shop waiting on my frame. Will be running 245-45-17 up front and 275-40-17 in back. All on 17" x 9" Avid.1 AV6 wheels. Will probably run 32 psi front and 36 psi rear (street only).
Only the center section of your tires will be touching at those pressures. I would start at 25 and go down from there...

ccannx

At another auto cross event today I’m running Hoosier A7s 275r and 235f what have you auto cross guys been setting for cold and hot temps?
12 was too low my times improved around 22 PSI all around 17PSI seemed better to me in the wet.

ccannx

I was always told to baseline tire pressures at 1% of vehicle weight and it has worked well for me so far.
Makes perfect sense before I blew my motor at Pungo yesterday we had dropped from 23 PSI to about 19 all around as times where improving on poor concreate surface. I noticed the lower we dropped the front the better the initial brake bite was, that helped me from instantly locking the brakes when trying to slow down. Stock brakes are so good its hard for me to learn them.