Turbo exhaust conflict with sway bar

ATMironov

The sway bar hits my exhaust.
I didn’t put this together in my mock up. :-(

Anyone run into this or have a solution other than a new exhaust?

IMG_2951.jpeg

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Which links are you running. I think some are shorter than others. The shorter ones rotate that kink a little lower and may allow it to clear. Mine is close but doesn’t hit.

ATMironov

Which links are you running. I think some are shorter than others. The shorter ones rotate that kink a little lower and may allow it to clear. Mine is close but doesn’t hit.
No links yet. Im going to build adjustable links with rod ends.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
No links yet. Im going to build adjustable links with rod ends.
Then make them short enough to rotate that kink down.

Does adjustable sway bar links make much difference when you can adjust the coilover length to adjust weight balance?

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Technically the swaybar arms should be 'parallel' to the ground so the maximum leverage can be exerted on the bar, evenly, for both upward and downward movements. The adjustable links are meant to help achieve this setting, and could be used to 'preload' the swaybar in one direction (example, favoring a left turn over a right turn) to help prohibit body roll in one direction - but will be less effective in the opposite turn, like running a vehicle on an oval track that requires a 'stock' suspension. Rotating the arms upward will lower the kink, as stated, but limit the rotation to what just works to prevent contact for the best results.

ATMironov

Then make them short enough to rotate that kink down.

Does adjustable sway bar links make much difference when you can adjust the coilover length to adjust weight balance?
I’ll take a look and see if it clears if I can get it rotated down.

The adjustable links won’t be used to add any preload, instead they will be used to ensure there is no preload when the corner balance in complete

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Is it possible the sway bar is on wrong as well?
I ran the sway bar on mine with DF supplied exhaust for a while and it cleared just fine. The part that sticks out that seems to be hitting on yours is supposed to sit down in the recess of the subframe I believe.
It will drop down into the recess as the suspension is compressed but it might need to shift sideways some also.

ATMironov

It will drop down into the recess as the suspension is compressed but it might need to shift sideways some also.
The Car is still on jackstands. I guess before I do anything too drastic let me get it on the ground and see what the bar does.