Whidbey Goblin, track chassis for the streets. 05 SS donor.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Do you have 12V from pin 4 to pin 16? If not check this fuse.
Do you have 12V from pin 5 to pin 16?
Do you have 60 ohms resistance from pin 6 to 14? (Checking if the two 120 ohm terminating resistors are in place.)
Do you have AC voltage from pin 1 to ground, when the key is turned on? (Is digital data flowing if you have an oscilliscope)
Do you have AC voltage from pin 2 to ground, when the key is turned on? (LSJ engine only)
Do you have AC voltage from pin 6 to pin 14, when the key is turned on?

Here is a better fuse box map. Red is not used in a Goblin. Flipped the BCM map, so it oriented right for a Goblin.
The GM high speed LAN wires are here.
The GM low speed LAN wires are here.

Last edited:

Whidbey Goblin

Do you have AC voltage from pin 1 to ground, when the key is turned on?
Do you have AC voltage from pin 2 to ground, when the key is turned on?
Do you have 12V from pin 4 to pin 16?
Do you have 12V from pin 5 to pin 16?
Do you have AC voltage from pin 6 to pin 14, when the key is turned on?
View attachment 25809

Here is a better fuse box map. Red is not used in a Goblin. Flipped the BCM map, so it oriented right for a Goblin.
Didn’t have voltage at any port in the OBD2. After watching some YouTube videos it seems in most GM products the OBD2 shares a fuse with the cigarette lighter. The fuse for the cigarette lighter in my fuse box was missing. Moved the fog lamp fuse to test it, I have power now. Phew.

Ross

Goblin Guru
My 06 LSJ stock programming was set to turn on fan 1 when the ECT (engine coolant temperature) gets to 223F. I lowered it to 205F in HP Tuners.
I'm not sure about the 05.

The stock fan 1 on an LSJ also had the ability to turn on the fan 2 (AC Fan) in series (6V at each fan). Since we remove fan 2, we have disabled this low fan setting, but I talk about a way to use the fan resistors, to keep the low fan ability.

Whidbey Goblin

Has anyone used the new Solstice rear calipers? Do you have pictures of them mounted on your car? One says LH and one says RH. When I watch videos of installation on a Solstice it sure seems like LH is on the right side and RH is on the left side.

Whidbey Goblin

Is that the ambient air temp gauge dangling?
Or a secret upgrade pavement temp gauge??…..
;)
Good eye! Yes I still have several little things to tidy up and double check before I actually take it out of the garage. I drove it 1 foot forward and 1 foot backwards

Ross

Goblin Guru
There is a wire going to the parking brake handle in a Cobalt, but leaving it disconnected should be fine. I'm not sure if Lonny removes it if you are using his harness.
Grab a meter, and check the brake switch is releasing?

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Brake light on the dash or rear brake lights?

The dash brake light will be on due to abs codes being set. Rear brake lights will need troubleshooting

Whidbey Goblin

Brake light on the dash or rear brake lights?

The dash brake light will be on due to abs codes being set. Rear brake lights will need troubleshooting
Just the light on the dash. That’s what I was looking for. Is there a way to fix that with my OBD2 reader or do I just have to live with it?