Zack Graber’s City frame #239 - 08 2.2 supercharged auto

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
That was definitely my first reaction upon receiving my frame. That and "Holy ****, I'm actually DOING this."

Goblin Graber

The attached picture really struck me in particular, one last time, exactly how small the car is. But, sorry for derailing...

View attachment 18729
That pic does make it look small! Don’t worry about derailing. The more people post the more good ideas I have.
Why wait for a seat. I sat in mine before I did anything and made engine noises lol
I’m definitely bolting a seat in and making vroom vroom noises. Anyone who says they didn’t is a big fat liar!
I sat in my seat and redesigned my entire car.
No need to sit in it to do that. All I have to do is look at your build log and the ideas start turning.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
That pic does make it look small! Don’t worry about derailing. The more people post the more good ideas I have.

I’m definitely bolting a seat in and making vroom vroom noises. Anyone who says they didn’t is a big fat liar!

No need to sit in it to do that. All I have to do is look at your build log and the ideas start turning.
Seats? You don’t need no stinking seats to make vroom vrooms....... :)

Goblin Graber

If you never hear from me again it’s because my wife killed me for buying more Goblin parts. Here’s the list I can think of I still need:

Steering/Suspension
Inner and outer tie rods
Rear moog control arm bearings
NRG short hub or coiled wire so I can make the horn button on the wheel work

Body
Grill Material
Rear wing

Electrical
JW Speaker model 97 headlights
Third brake light
Tach signal Convertor

Stereo
I have some small amps laying around. Need to order everything else.

Engine
Fluids
Serp belt
Decide on using the LSJ acc drive or making an idler to delete the AC
Vibrant coolant hose
Pipe, tips, and a muffler to make a stainless exhaust
2 nice coolant expansion tanks
Spray paint

Interior
Dash lights for high beam, L&R turn, Check engine, and low oil pressure
Switches for cruise control and hazards
Shift knob and boot
Sheet metal for the dash

Anything not on my list you guys think I still need?

Last edited:

Fozda

Goblin Guru
It's super easy to gut the AC compressor to use it as the idler and it doesn't weigh anything when you're done gutting it.

Goblin Graber

It's super easy to gut the AC compressor to use it as the idler and it doesn't weigh anything when you're done gutting it.
AC pump to idler conversion video.
Your video is what made me keep the LSJ setup as an option. It does look easy to tear apart, but I think I’m going the other way.

I don’t have the full LSJ setup. Just the tensioner and idler. Im missing the alternator and balancer. The tensioner I have really needs replaced to be able to use it.

I do have an idler pulley in my garage that should work. All I would need to do is make a bracket. Seems like a lot of money to save going that route and ditch the AC compressor as a bonus.
DD8CA33B-1FBB-4883-80DC-8C27F4AD682F.jpeg

Last edited:

Goblin Graber

Well I’ve been dreading getting rid of the donor and the pile of junk in my driveway, so I put an ad on Facebook for a free cobalt shell.

I got a response within ten minutes and a guy showed up in an hour. Not only did he bring a helper but also a trailer with a winch. All I had to do was back my trailer up to his.

It was hard for me not to laugh when I asked him what he was going to do with it when his response was “take some parts off it”
3B378F53-1385-474F-B2EC-B1EF8857584F.jpeg

Goblin Graber

Spent a ton of time cleaning my power train. Took me two bottles of super clean, two cans of engine degreaser, three rounds with the pressure washer, and countless hours of scrubbing but now it’s clean.

Still looks terrible, but it’s clean. Now I get to wire wheel off a decade of oxidation and it’s ready for paint.
30677ADF-ED44-4BBA-A4CD-97C3997F5015.jpeg

My kit is supposed to be at the freight terminal on Thursday to pickup. Can’t wait for that phone call!

Last edited: