Ghostknife's #383 Track SS/SC

Ghostknife

Goblin Guru
Hope everyone is good, long time no update. Things have been busy here with the new baby! Still making progress on the Goblin though. Upon tear down I found that the fuse block in the engine bay was completely corroded from the rain I got caught in when in Florida. So I will be sourcing a new one soon. Oil change has been completed and some blown fuses were replaced. Oh and also turbo time !! Almost complete, just a few more hours of work on it and I should be ready for first start

Attachments

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
I have a spare fuse block in my garage. Not completely sure if they are the same from year to year, but it’s from an 06 LSJ. PM me if interested and we can chat.

Rauq

Goblin Guru
For what it's worth, on a similar setup, I managed to route my turbo oil supply line to the outside/passenger side of the exhaust manifold, rather than through it. I can get a better picture later if you'd like.

Ghostknife

Goblin Guru
For what it's worth, on a similar setup, I managed to route my turbo oil supply line to the outside/passenger side of the exhaust manifold, rather than through it. I can get a better picture later if you'd like.

View attachment 45621
I appreciate that, i was thinking about the heat issues with the routing. I just have everything mocked up right now, just for fitment.

ToothMagician

Hey, I actually have a fuse box on the way from a salvaged cobalt. It's yours for cheap as I only needed the plastic cover. I can message you when It shows up, if you'd like

Ghostknife

Goblin Guru
Intercooler/bumper? LOL! Just kidding! Your build is coming together nicely, can't wait to see what the chassis dyno numbers show. :D
I ordered a new I/C, this one was too large and I didn't like the fitment. I also got all the wiring for the boost controller ran today along with the Vac lines for the wastegate, boost controller/gauge. I tidied up the wiring around the motor as well. I brought in the home made gauge panel to add in the controller as well.

Still left to do is:

1. install new I/C and plumb
2. wire wideband into HPT for tuning purposes.
3. something else, I don't remember.

Last edited:

ToothMagician

I ordered a new I/C, this one was too large and I didn't like the fitment. I also got all the wiring for the boost controller ran today along with the Vac lines for the wastegate, boost controller/gauge. I tidied up the wiring around the motor as well. I brought in the home made gauge panel to add in the controller as well.

View attachment 46252
Still left to do is:

1. install new I/C and plumb
2. wire wideband into HPT for tuning purposes.
3. something else, I don't remember.
I want to see this dash installed, are you going to paint, upholster, or fiberglass it maybe?