A Peek Into DF Kit Car

GoblinGal

Goblin Guru
Afternoon y'all!

Today we find #285 on the jig...She'll be heading home to Rock Hill SC on a future regional shipment with Stewart...

Stewart Transport was scheduled to pick up from us at the end of this week but we've been rescheduled for the start of next week. Those of you that are part of this shipment should have received a call from them to let you know. We apologize for the delay but that's the world of trucking/shipping! We appreciate your understanding!

Have a great day y'all!

GoblinGal

Goblin Guru
Morning all!

Today we find #330 on the jig....She'll find her way home to Prior Lake, MN on a future Stewart shipment!

Have a great day!

GoblinGal

Goblin Guru
Happy Thursday Goblin Family & Friends! It's so hard to believe that it's September already, wow!

Here's a little Thursday Throwback for you guys that have been around "awhile"...Looks who is getting dusted off!!!

Today #335 is on the jig

While #334 will be moving off the rotisserie & then wait for a regional shipment going her way...

Speaking of waiting...These are either on hold for one reason or another or waiting on regional shipments...

As you guys know we ship with Stewart Transport & we ship regionally. It's our goal to get your kits shipped to you asap & we're in constant contact with Stewart negotiating your final delivery price & coordinating shipments with them. This means that your kit may be ready for a personal pick up but having it delivered to you does add to the overall time. We love when y'all are able to visit us & pick up in person, though we do need to add Texas Sales Tax of 8.25% to your invoice.

At this time, we do not have our next outgoing shipment with Stewart scheduled but YRC is scheduled to be here Friday to pick up pallets holding "remaining orders" for 2 different customers. It's exciting as we know 2 more Goblins are THAT much closer to hitting the road!

Our new instructional build video series is going really well. Lonny has been doing a lot of taping (video & audio) with Adam doing all the editing, etc. We hope you guys are enjoying them & we appreciate the feedback we've had so far!

Happy Thursday everyone!

GoblinGal

Goblin Guru
Earlier today I posted our new contest for the month on Facebook. Wanna win a free DF Kit Car tee? Head on over & check out the contest! Not on FB? Our next contest will be on the forum!

GoblinGal

Goblin Guru
Happy Friday Goblin Family & Friends! Who's ready for a long weekend? I know we all are! We'll be closed Monday in observance of Labor Day & re-open Tuesday at 8AM CST. We hope everyone has a safe & fun, relaxing weekend!

Today #335 is completed on the rotisserie...

Next week there will be a pause on chassis welding as Ray is taking some much deserved vacation time but stay tuned as welding photos should return the following week!

We have a photo light cube set up as we've been taking photos of items for our store site (there's now a direct link at the top of our website that will take you to the store). As more items are photographed, etc., they're being added to the site. The great thing about the site is that it calculates shipping for you & gives you options at your fingertips! Once you place an order there, we process it as fast as we can.

Forklifts make a great way to move an engine around....

Here's a little bit of the area that is being used as our "recording studio" for the new instructional build videos that we've been posting. The Red chassis has a SS/SC donor, the Green has a SS/TC donor while the Purple has a Base Auto donor. Lonny is building them all pretty much together & videoing a whole lot, which Adam then has to edit. Whew! That's teamwork & a lot of work!

Have a great weekend y'all!

GoblinGal

Goblin Guru
Happy Tuesday Goblin Family & Friends! Hope everyone had a nice weekend!

We're on a break this week with chassis welding as Ray is on vacation till next week but the good news is that he was at least a week ahead of our projected production schedule.

Earlier today, Blake (#284) from Vinita, OK stopped by to pick up the remaining stages of his kit. He brought along a few friends who all seemed to enjoy a tour of the shop as well as the nice weather day we're having, the humidity is nice & low. What a break! Blake made the comment about how he was driving 90 (or so) & he was amazed at how everyone in Texas was flying by him...o_O Some Texas drivers....:rolleyes:

This weekend, Brett (#229) will be coming by, it's not that far of a drive from Houston after all. I know the route well via I-45 & thankfully more & more of the highway is being widened into 3 lanes in each direction. If you know the drive & have never stopped at Woody's Smokehouse, do so!

Contact us @ [email protected] if you ever need us or call us at 469-552-9366 during business hours. Have a great day y'all!

Brett

We're on a break this week with chassis welding as Ray is on vacation till next week but the good news is that he was at least a week ahead of our projected production schedule.

Earlier today, Blake (#284) from Vinita, OK stopped by to pick up the remaining stages of his kit. He brought along a few friends who all seemed to enjoy a tour of the shop as well as the nice weather day we're having, the humidity is nice & low. What a break! Blake made the comment about how he was driving 90 (or so) & he was amazed at how everyone in Texas was flying by him...o_O Some Texas drivers....:rolleyes:

This weekend, Brett (#229) will be coming by, it's not that far of a drive from Houston after all. I know the route well via I-45 & thankfully more & more of the highway is being widened into 3 lanes in each direction. If you know the drive & have never stopped at Woody's Smokehouse, do so!

Contact us @ [email protected] if you ever need us or call us at 469-552-9366 during business hours. Have a great day y'all!
Good old Woody's. I've been stopping there for years. Looking forward to seeing the DF crew next Saturday!

Iwanttogofast

Not sure how I feel about being the first chassis (#336) when Ray is back from vacation. :D

Make sure that he gets his coffee on Monday morning!

Secured my donor today. 2007 Cobalt SS/SC

Iwanttogofast

:D I hope everyone knows that I was just kidding.

That being said, I did read an article once where they attributed something like 40% of assembly errors at automotive plants to 1-2 days before or after a holiday or vacation. Because people are thinking about how much they don't want to be at work.

And THAT being said, I'm sure that does not apply to a company like DF that truly cares about what they do. ;)

GoblinGal

Goblin Guru
:D I hope everyone knows that I was just kidding.

That being said, I did read an article once where they attributed something like 40% of assembly errors at automotive plants to 1-2 days before or after a holiday or vacation. Because people are thinking about how much they don't want to be at work.

And THAT being said, I'm sure that does not apply to a company like DF that truly cares about what they do. ;)
What do you know...Seems like Ray started your chassis on Friday before leaving....I went out into the welding shop just now & found this:

#336 on the jig

Have a great day!

GoblinGal

Goblin Guru
Happy Friday Goblin Family & Friends!

What's going on here at DF Kit Car today? Let me tell you, a BUNCH! Lonny & Brenda are up in Arkansas till Tuesday or so but took stuff to work on while up there. Talk about dedicated! All that beautiful scenery & so much to do with a new house but they still make time (& always will) for you guys!

Speaking of, y'all should have seen Lonny's forum post about the 1st together at their new home in Mountain View Arkansas near the end of October. October 22-24 actually. Here's the post: https://dfkitcar.com/forum/index.php?threads/mountain-view-arkansas-meetup.3045/ Brenda also made a FB post on our DF Kit Car Community page so you can check it out there too!

We'll be dropping a new instructional build video @ 11:30 CST today on our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/Dfkitcar/videos
Keep your eyes open!

Stewart Transport is scheduled to be here Monday for our next outgoing shipment. Those of you that are part of it are already aware & know how much we appreciate you guys being understanding on the short notice. I'm working closely with Todd @ Stewart for future shipments so be assured we're just as anxious as y'all are for kit delivery as we are to see them go out to you!

Our mornings have been cooler lately with lower humidity, so nice. Come on Fall!

Have a great day y'all!

GoblinGal

Goblin Guru
Happy Monday Goblin Family & Friends!

We've had a busy busy day so far, whew! At 1 point, Stewart Transport was here picking up & at the same time we had a vendor delivery come in with 2 different customers visiting at the same time.

Stewart picked up before lunch & loaded quickly. I send your delivery info to Stewart before we even invoice you as we rely on them to supply us with pick up dates that work for them. I'd love to tell y'all when your pick up date would be but until we get it from Stewart, it's a guessing game.

We've sent them info on what we'd like to ship on our next 3 regional shipments but it all depends on them. Know that we pass along any info we get from them to you as soon as we receive it. Yes, your kit may be ready to ship & it may sit here for a bit but we do our best to get all the kits out the door asap. Nothing makes us happier than happy Goblin owners!

Lonny & Brenda are still in Arkansas but we expect them back sometime tomorrow from what I hear. Adam is working on a lot of behind the scene stuff such as programming, etc. & is still trying to get through all the "techy" emails as I call them. When y'all email anything "techy" or needing parts, etc., I have to forward that on for assistance & Adam tries his best to prioritize them, getting back to you guys as fast as possible. If you ever need immediate help during business hours, please call us as it is far faster than an email & they guys are happy to assist when they can.

I'll be leaving early this Friday @ 3 & working from home all next week but know that your emails, orders, etc. will all still be handled as usual, just remotely & it just won't be me answering the phones.

#357 & #358 both sold over the weekend, which means we sold 6 kits in 10 days. Whew! Thank you Goblin Family & Friends, we appreciate you guys!

Have a great week!

Rauq

Goblin Guru
Hats off to y'all for the great job you do in scheduling shipping. I've dabbled in the logistics world for work and I know "asap" and "convenient shipments" rarely go together. For those of you with kits on order, rest assured there is a method to the madness of the build and shipping orders.

GoblinGal

Goblin Guru
Happy Tuesday morning Goblin Family & Friends!

What's going on at DFKC today? Let's see.....

Ray & Suede both have their hands full (as usual)....

Jeff T stopped by yesterday & brought his Goblin in for a quick look by Lonny....He's still out of town but we expect them back later today...

The "filming studio" is waiting on his return too...

Outside our buildings I found these growing...Pretty!

I notice little details everywhere....

Have a great day y'all!