AZMoto #245 ext-track - 09 SS TC

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Lonny being able to look at a pile of wires and say “that wire should’ve stayed in” and actually meaning it wouldn’t have surprised me.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
I glad to find someone that used Steel-IT, I have plans to do the same :)

Are you planning on using the same color on the subframe or going with the black?

AZmoto

I glad to find someone that used Steel-IT, I have plans to do the same :)

Are you planning on using the same color on the subframe or going with the black?
Tinkles used Steel-It as well. He's the one that brought it to my attention. He went with black. I bought a can of both colors to try out first. I wanted to do black but it did what black always does which is to highlight every imperfection. The grey seemed way more forgiving.

My subframe had a fair amount of rust on it so I just dropped it off at the media blaster this afternoon. Since it wasn't that much more to powder coat I just went with that. Picked out a grey that looked similar to the Steel-it. Should be done next week.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Thanks,

I have never had anything media blasted or powder coated, would you be able to share what the cost for the sub frame will be?

Jareth

Goblin Guru
I'm definitely going with Steel-IT when I do mine. Yours seems to have come out amazingly.

May I ask what type of prep work you did to the frame before spraying it?

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
I'm definitely going with Steel-IT when I do mine. Yours seems to have come out amazingly.

May I ask what type of prep work you did to the frame before spraying it?

It needs to be sand blasted or completely sanded with 36grit paper.