AZMoto #245 ext-track - 09 SS TC

AZmoto

Engine install is next. Just starting to dig into the ATK motor to figure out what the differences are.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
I posted something about it a while ago but can't seem to find it. In short, easy on the throttle (50% or less) and keep boost low during the first couple hundred miles. If everything still feels good add some more throttle (75%) with a few short full throttle bursts over the next couple hundred miles. By the time you get to 500 miles it's time to change the oil and filter to look for an metallic particles - use a clean magnet. After that you should be good to drive it normally, but I wouldn't go racing until a few more hundred miles are on it ensure everything is seated properly and won't come apart. :D

AZmoto

I posted something about it a while ago but can't seem to find it. In short, easy on the throttle (50% or less) and keep boost low during the first couple hundred miles. If everything still feels good add some more throttle (75%) with a few short full throttle bursts over the next couple hundred miles. By the time you get to 500 miles it's time to change the oil and filter to look for an metallic particles - use a clean magnet. After that you should be good to drive it normally, but I wouldn't go racing until a few more hundred miles are on it ensure everything is seated properly and won't come apart. :D
Sounds good. That will be compatible with the new clutch break in.

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
I was just looking at this port injection setup! Looks fantastic.

Was the meth port injection a direct install or did you have to adjust the nozzles to line up with the middle of the runners?

What nozzle size are you running?

Straight meth or mix?

Are you taking it somewhere for the tune? If doing it yourself, what is the approach when introducing meth? Higher timing and less fuel by a %, starting to spray at 18psi etc.

AZmoto

I was just looking at this port injection setup! Looks fantastic.

Was the meth port injection a direct install or did you have to adjust the nozzles to line up with the middle of the runners?

What nozzle size are you running?

Straight meth or mix?

Are you taking it somewhere for the tune? If doing it yourself, what is the approach when introducing meth? Higher timing and less fuel by a %, starting to spray at 18psi etc.
I sent the intake manifold to Rodney at ProMeth and he did the installation. This is the setup I ran on my Solstice. I originally ran a single nozzle right before the throttle body which worked fine but I was chasing a little bit of intermittent KR that would show up on isolated cylinders. I was hoping the direct port setup would even things out and take care of that but it didn't really make a difference. I got a great deal on a couple cases of Boost Juice a while back so I still have a bunch of that.

The tuning was done by Matt at ZZP. I used a progressive controller that turned on at 15psi and went to 100% at 30 psi. Matt just tuned it with that running in the background.

AZmoto

As a side note on the Kirkey seat install, the DF seat mounts work great. I have the 17" wide seat and it fits perfectly with the mounts in the middle width configuration.