AZMoto #245 ext-track - 09 SS TC

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
Very nice and thank you for the details! I'm excited to hear what you put down and if you have any logs / tunes i'd love to take a peak if you don't mind.

I have the 18.5" Kirkeys and yes they do fit, and are hyuge. They're actually too wide for me, and I'll be swapping them out.

AZmoto

Found the brake booster vacuum sensor connector while cleaning up. This wasn't supposed to be in the harness was it?

brake booster sensor.jpg

Ross

Goblin Guru
Your signature line doesn't mention your donor car, but I don't remember having a brake booster wire or sensor in my donor.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Paul, the TCs have this sensor (my 2008 has it). I'm guessing it may throw a code if it isn't hooked up. I plan to keep it once I get to that point.

AZmoto

I love the simplicity of an air to air intercooler but aesthetically it's a bit of a challenge on the Goblin. I'm hoping that once the suspension, wheels and possibly wing are on there it won't be as dominant.

Intercooler 1.jpg
Intercooler 2.jpg
Intercooler 3.jpg
Intercooler 4.jpg
Intercooler 5.jpg

AZmoto

I've been working on possible mounting solutions for the intercooler. I wanted something reversible if I chose to go a different way later so I finally came up with these this weekend.

interooler mounts.jpg

AZmoto

The Steel-It works great. It's the most forgiving paint I've ever used.

This is about as rough and dirty a prep job as possible. I crudely ground down the weld with a 40 grit flap disc. Then quickly hit it with an old dirty red scotch brite pad to remove the discolored paint around the weld and then wiped everything with Isopropyl alcohol and sprayed two coats.

Apart from my haphazard grinding job the paint looks great.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
The Steel-It works great. It's the most forgiving paint I've ever used.

This is about as rough and dirty a prep job as possible. I crudely ground down the weld with a 40 grit flap disc. Then quickly hit it with an old dirty red scotch brite pad to remove the discolored paint around the weld and then wiped everything with Isopropyl alcohol and sprayed two coats.

Apart from my haphazard grinding job the paint looks great.

View attachment 24280
Paul, will you be putting a top coat - different color - over the steel it or leave it gray? Curious about the bare skin factor on a metallic based paint in the Phoenix sun?

AZmoto

The intercooler install is complete. Just have to work on the plumbing.

I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. It's rock solid and the mount can be removed from the frame and the intercooler can be removed from the mount making it all very maintenance friendly.

intercooler mount 3.jpg
intercooler mount 4.jpg
intercooler mount 5.jpg
intercooler mount 6.jpg

AZmoto

For me, when I get in the car my natural tendency every time is to reach to the center to grab something to pull myself towards the middle and over the seat. That's the only reason I added it. I don't use it to get out of the car.

AZmoto

Got the plumbing mocked up. That actually went a lot easier than I was expecting. I ordered a bead roller. Hopefully that will be arriving soon so I can finish this part up.