Chris’s 2007 SS/SC track frame build for autocross

ccannx

Goblin Guru
Making progress ! Got the front and rear suspension in. The front brakes, plumbing for radiator and heat exchanger. Subframe is also bolted up.

I went ahead and ordered 500lb springs for the rear so I would have some room to play with the 300,400 and 500.

Attachments

Ross

Goblin Guru
Doesn't need a lot of downward force on the inserts, it is just to refill the master cylinder when it gets low on fluid. The O ring asserts force sideways to make the seal. It is not trying to seal the 3000 psi pressure when you step on the brake pedal.

I found a vacuum leak where the DF vacuum line enters the Cobalt rubber hose beside the power brake booster. Be sure to tighten the hose clamp there... a lot... about as much as you can using a screw driver. The Cobalt rubber hose has to be shrunk a fair bit to seal.

ccannx

Goblin Guru
Got my shifter sorted out hopefully but will know better once the tunnel cap is secured.

I had to assemble and disassemble it a few times to hit all gears.

It looks really cool, it reminds me of a Zonda shifter.

Attachments

ccannx

Goblin Guru
Finished up the steering. I did the wiring for the lites, signals and wipers but will keep the stuff off to the side. I hit the windshield wipers in every different car I auto cross in the middle of my run.

Attachments

ccannx

Goblin Guru
I want to do a startup but there are two things left. Some sort of vacuum tube parallel to the fuel rail and a couple of loose wires purple and tan with a black tracer both about 18-20 gauge that are clearly labeled fuel pump which is obviously incorrect. My fuel pump is wired up and comes on when I jump the relay.

Appears the tube is a coolant to the overflow connection, easy enough to fix.

Attachments

Last edited:

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
You probably already figured it out, but the line running parallel to the fuel rail is engine coolant overflow and runs to the engine coolant reservoir at top of tank. I stole baustin's pic, btw.

Last edited:

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
If you can figure out where they come from and give me the pin numbers I will look then up.

Ross

Goblin Guru
If you can figure out where they come from and give me the pin numbers I will look then up.
By now we probably have a picture of every connector.
Anybody want to take a picture of every connector in their donor, and tell us what it connects to?
I'm sure the new builders would appreciate it. Oh, and pin count too. :)

ccannx

Goblin Guru
Found something! I figured since I’m a cable splicer by trade the most obvious thing I would screw up would be the wiring. I crossed the throttle cable wiring between the fuel tank and engine !

Still have fuel pump code p0230 unfortunately, I will put a toner on the wires and get the pin location tomorrow after work its bed time for me !

Attachments

Tony

PNK/ORG and PPL go to pins 24 and 39 (respectively) on ECM connector C1.

PPL and TAN go to pins 21 and 67 (respectively) on ECM connector C1.

ccannx

Goblin Guru
The pump connector has purple,tan,grey and black. If I jump the relay the fuel pump kicks on but when I start the car it will kick on and the car will shut itself back off. It’s kinda an abrupt stop sorta like it shuts off spark. I would think if the pump stopped it would be more of a puttering type of stop.

Ross

Goblin Guru
The pump connector has purple,tan,grey and black. If I jump the relay the fuel pump kicks on but when I start the car it will kick on and the car will shut itself back off. It’s kinda an abrupt stop sorta like it shuts off spark. I would think if the pump stopped it would be more of a puttering type of stop.
What codes is it throwing now? Is the small arrow on the MAF sensor pointed the right way? Know anybody with HP Tuners? You can see what the engine sees thru the sensors.