Eric's Track Goblin - 06 SS/SC donor

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Which everything? If it’s the BCM and all of the way to the instrument cluster, you might have a problem. My instrument cluster connection was as short as it could possibly be and still actually connect. And as far as I know it was the instructed length.

But I would be hesitant to tear it apart until I could give it a try.

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
One of my connectors to the BCM was short and I had to add about 5 or 6 inches to it. Everything else had a bit of slack, but I didn’t pull everything tight.

Esstover

One of my connectors to the BCM was short and I had to add about 5 or 6 inches to it. Everything else had a bit of slack, but I didn’t pull everything tight.
I think it’s fine. Spent the evening rewatching the harness videos to see if I had made any mistakes. Apparently the BCM doesn’t go all the way on the edge of the table. I have a problem with paying attention to about 80% of the details while I’m playing and pausing the videos in the garage.

Esstover

Got the call from Stewart Transport. #460 is planned to be delivered week of 3/13. Pretty exciting!

Need to finish up the wiring harness this weekend and start torqueing the motor components back together. Then I can clean up a location to set the frame. For those who powder coated the subframe, Did you clean all the paint off yourself, or have the powder coating folks sand blast? I'm also looking for input on any welding I might want to do. I know I need to look at seat mounting because I bought amazon seats. Other than that I know some have mounted tabs on the hoop to mount roofs or roof racks. Not sure if I'm going to do that but would like to get opinions. Also would any tabs be needed around the instrument cluster if i want to mount anything else (tablet, audio). Any other recommend modifications prior to poweder coating?

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Trailer Hitch? Tag mount?

I don't know if reinforcing the tunnel/cover in the area of the shifter is still helpful if using DF's new shifter.

TravMac

I still wish I did a tow hook and some tie down points, but even now I'm not sure where they would go. Sandblast tends to be a preferred method and usually the coater will factor that in. It gives a bit of texture for the coat to adhere to as well. You can always contact them to see their preferred method, and maybe do something yourself to help ensure the best coat possible.

jirwin

Goblin Guru
I still wish I did a tow hook and some tie down points, but even now I'm not sure where they would go. Sandblast tends to be a preferred method and usually the coater will factor that in. It gives a bit of texture for the coat to adhere to as well. You can always contact them to see their preferred method, and maybe do something yourself to help ensure the best coat possible.
FWIW the tow bar kind of adds a tow hook. Its not ideal, but would work for loading/unloading from a trailer I imagine.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
any photos of this? I plan to start with stock seat belts but who knows later
No photos of that in particular. I just used a tube the same size as the frame tubes, coped ends to fit and welded in place about 4” higher than existing horizontal bar.

Fozda

Goblin Guru
Everybody's seats must sit a lot higher than mine. I had to mount my harness bar quite a bit lower.
PXL_20210126_010925590.jpg

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Everybody's seats must sit a lot higher than mine. I had to mount my harness bar quite a bit lower.
You have a lot larger opening for the harness. How tall are you? If you had it pushed up to the tip of the opening, it would be more in line where a lot of us have placed the bar.

Esstover

Update...

Wiring harness is finished! I'll still be nervous until everything is hooked up and working. Nice to get all that cleaned up and out of the way. Started working on getting the engine put back together yesterday evening. I think I need to order some O-rings for the Oil Cooler. When I took it off it appeared someone had used some silicone to seal it up.

Has anyone ordered new hoses? I'm sure the answer is yes. The reason I ask is because I've seen some silicone hoses on ZZP. If its pretty inexpensive i would go that route and might even go with Blue, but I'm concerned if i place an order I'll end up with some hoses that I no longer need. Just curious if anyone has a list of hose that are needed for the goblin with part #'s. Other than Hoses and the O-rings I think I have everything I need to button the engine back up.

I have a few misc parts to clean up and paint this weekend. I know I need to do the axle and steering. I'm holding off on anything to do with the wheel/hub assembly until I get my kit. I'm a little unclear on what I will receive new and what I need to re-use.

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
Update...

Wiring harness is finished! I'll still be nervous until everything is hooked up and working. Nice to get all that cleaned up and out of the way. Started working on getting the engine put back together yesterday evening. I think I need to order some O-rings for the Oil Cooler. When I took it off it appeared someone had used some silicone to seal it up.

Has anyone ordered new hoses? I'm sure the answer is yes. The reason I ask is because I've seen some silicone hoses on ZZP. If its pretty inexpensive i would go that route and might even go with Blue, but I'm concerned if i place an order I'll end up with some hoses that I no longer need. Just curious if anyone has a list of hose that are needed for the goblin with part #'s. Other than Hoses and the O-rings I think I have everything I need to button the engine back up.
It's a great, great feeling to finally be 'done' with the harness. I say 'done' because you're going to find things you want to change and be back in it. Or like me, have small issues that I have to fix.

My only qualm about silicone hoses is that you have to kind of make the kit and stock hoses work where ever. I can show you how mine routed, but I think we all have slightly different paths that we just made work. So you might have nice silicone hoses for one section, but then not for others. Not saying it can't happen, but it's going to take a little work. I'd get that engine in and the hoses ran (empty) to see the layout, then you could piece something together.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I threw away my hoses on accident, but ended up going a different route on my hoses. This took some time raiding the autozone to accomplish, but it was not a cobalt hose.