Escapepilot’s 06 SS/SC Ext Track Build - COMPLETED

jamesm

Goblin Guru
One is sorta cream with black strip and the other is brown with white stripe.
Looks like those are for the High Speed GMLAN Serial Data Bus (+)

I'd need to know more about where the wires are in the harness and what they are connected to to give you more direction.

escapepilot

Goblin Guru
I can't tell the pin numbers from that picture. Here's the pinouts for that plug.
Thanks for that diagram. It looks like it should be a rear speaker wire. I can dig that connector out of the box-o-connectors to verify.
I got interrupted multiple time while thinning the harness today and guess I overlooked those two when I was able to get back on it.
Thank for the help.

escapepilot

Goblin Guru
Making progress with the harness. Had a question though. In Wiring Harness Guide Part 7, Lonnie extends the headlight wiring using what looks like trailer wiring. Is that what it is?

Second question - in a previous vid, I saved a wire for the SC intercooler pump. Later, Lonnie says to extend it if building a TC. Does that pink wire get lengthened for the SS/SC or keep it short?

Ross

Goblin Guru
I noticed that trailer wire too. Long as your wire is the correct gauge , it will work. I pulled wires out of my Cobalt wire box that were close to the correct color, but gauge is all that really matters.

A supercharged LSJ engine will have the wire for the intercooler pump already in the engine harness, so we don't have to add or lengthen any wires for that. Only the turbo LNF engine will need to add that wire, and pump.

Last edited:

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
We use this kit.

escapepilot

Goblin Guru
Thinning out the dash harness and I having much more difficulty identifying some plugs. My donor was missing a stereo and some dash components and all of the trim so I didn’t have a beginning reference to label some things.

Can anyone help identify:
Pass Airbag Warning Light Connector - I don’t see any connector that color in my harness and that light is MIA.

This connector was plugged into the amplifier in the dash. Is it #1 or #2?

What is this connector? It wasn’t plugged in.

And this one was plugged into what I thought was an ABS module but not sure.

escapepilot

Goblin Guru
Still can’t identify one connector. Not sure which one this is but it connects to the ignition connector with the grn/wh and the red. The grey goes to the taped grey junction. Anyone??

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I paged through my 2010 service manual connector end view pages and don’t see anything that it matches. It might help to show it from the very end. What connectors is it close to?

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
That is from an early model. It is info and return.
The pink and green should go to the instrument cluster connector.
I think!

escapepilot

Goblin Guru
Whoops! That should have been instrument cluster connector. There is only 12-18 inches of wire from the cluster connector to this. It looks like an HVAC plug so I carried the heater core assembly to the bench and it looks like and will fit into the HVAC door actuators. Remove it?

escapepilot

Goblin Guru
That is from an early model. It is info and return.
The pink and green should go to the instrument cluster connector.
I think!
I think you are correct. The info and return buttons were long gone when I got the donor. What do I do with these?

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
They will need to be hooked to buttons to have info and return.
I arrange them along side the other button wires and hook them to our button panels.

escapepilot

Goblin Guru
With the older style brake light switch, there are two separate switches…one for cruise control cancel and the other is for the brake lights. The brake light switch has a place to r plug in two connectors. I only recall one and cannot find another one that fits. Is it only one connector for the brake lights? Also, that plug has two light blue supply voltage wires. Do both need to be connected or just one?

Rauq

Goblin Guru
Yes, there is only plug for the brake light switch.

Just browsed the diagram and it does look like both light blue wires are required. The red/white is actually the supply voltage and one light blue goes to the BCM to signal the left and rear brake lights to come on and the other goes to the fuse box and the CHMSL.

Jcasson

Whoops! That should have been instrument cluster connector. There is only 12-18 inches of wire from the cluster connector to this. It looks like an HVAC plug so I carried the heater core assembly to the bench and it looks like and will fit into the HVAC door actuators. Remove it?

View attachment 27549
View attachment 27550
yes, these are for part of the information cluster, in one of the videos it talks about tying a pink and green wire together and put them with the info wires. the black wires are cut and the tan gets removed at the taped union