Frank's Florida Street Goblin Build (#227) - 06 SS, 2.4L donor

Goblin Graber

The powder turned out great and your diamond plate looks so good I might have to steal that idea.

I bought this kit to build a nice easy project with no fab work with my 2 year old but now my welding list seems to keep getting bigger and I haven’t even got my chassis. I guess the fabricator in me just can’t leave well enough alone.

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
Build Day 1 - First day is in the books. Only a few minor issues to deal with. I have to jump ahead a bit since my wiring harness is still at DF. Hope to have it next week. Will probably put in the engine before I get the harness. Lonny says it's not a big deal.

Attachments

jaredthenav

Looks great so far! Mine went to the powder coater today, so will hopefully only be a few weeks behind you on the build.

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
Looks great so far! Mine went to the powder coater today, so will hopefully only be a few weeks behind you on the build.
Thanks Jared. What color did you go with? By the way I got a really good price on my Paint job. With tax if was $770 and that included some engine pieces.

jaredthenav

Illusion Sour Apple. Mine's going to be over 1500, but having him do the subframe, fuel tank, firewall among other things. I think you got a really good deal.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Won't be long and you will be driving it! Don't forget to enjoy the build. ;)

They do go together pretty quick and easy if you aren't overloaded with mods.

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
Build day 2 - I think I better slow down. I may work myself right out of a job. Actually three month's of prep work is paying off. Everything is ready to just drop in the car. I'm a one man show so I use a lot of jacks, dolly's & lift's to move things around.

Attachments

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
It’s a helluva lot of fun to put it all together, especially when you do spend the waiting time preparing everything!!! At first you think about how you have to wait for the frame to be built but it’s the best thing that can happen because it almost forces you to slow down and prepare for the build.

And once you get to that point it goes really fast and you’ll be in the road in no time, well other than winter.

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
30 minute motor install. Had the motor on a wheeled dolly. Used an engine hoist to lift the frame. Went in like butter. Actually it only took 15 minutes .... I spent the other 15 minutes searching for the engine mount bolts.

Attachments