Front wing - WOW

Indy Lonnie

Just upgraded the front wing mounts to 2” x 3/16” aluminum angle. Much better. I can stand on it and bounce. The suspension will compress before the mount flexes.

I love the feel of the steering now. I can hear the front tires “singing” at speed with the added downforce.

dastrups

Just upgraded the front wing mounts to 2” x 3/16” aluminum angle. Much better. I can stand on it and bounce. The suspension will compress before the mount flexes.

I love the feel of the steering now. I can hear the front tires “singing” at speed with the added downforce.
I also bought the same front wing but my mounts are spaced at 18” for some reason. Did you request 16 1/2? I like your mounting setup but it looks like it wouldn’t work for 18”. Cool to hear you were able to use aluminum. I just figured aluminum would be too flimsy. Also good to hear you can truly feel the difference.

Attachments

dastrups

I was actually able to find some 3” x 4” x 1/4” angle aluminum online just now. That should do it I think. Went a little thicker since I will have a wider space to cover and I imagine that creates more stress on the angled aluminum. I didn’t get a gurney flap for the front but considering it now. Have you taken it to a track and noticed an improvement in front end grip?

Indy Lonnie

Did you request 16 1/2?
I did ask for the mounts to be welded at that measurement. I'm sure you can make 18" work.
I have not been to a track since installing - life has gotten in the way. I have driven it at least 500+ miles and can tell the difference. I went over some huge speed bumps yesterday without scraping.
The mount should be fairly straight forward.
FYI - I had to space the rear of the mount down with a few washers to get the rake out of the mount (my rear ride-height is more than the front). I didn't want to amplify the rake because of the low front ground clearance. I also used some quick set epoxy putty to take up the slack/space between the aluminum angle and the support. The epoxy helped a bunch with the flex of the angle before I went with the thicker aluminum angle. I just waxed the radiator support and the mount still comes off easily.
Please share your results!