Goblin "ABS Emulator" - disable ABS, traction control and brake warning lights

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Do you have to leave it plugged into the obd connection. Would a splitter work if it needs to be left plugged in so I can run my HUD at the same time

Vwsaabvt

Goblin Guru
Do you have to leave it plugged into the obd connection. Would a splitter work if it needs to be left plugged in so I can run my HUD at the same time
plug it in once it does its job, then leave it sitting on your desk at work for 2 years :p.

Sebnuts

Seriously he isn’t making any more? That freakin sucks because I hate driving around with lights on.
My initial thoughts were that I would be able to disable them through HP Tuners, but I haven't dug in yet to see if that's possible.
Maybe HP Tuners can only hit the ECM/TCM codes and not the BCM.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
HPT will not do anything but the ECM/TCM codes.

Cutting the trace inside of the Instrument Cluster is an option. There are instruction or at least pictures on here somewhere.

For those who haven't finished building the car yet, don't get to worried about it yet. The dash is so far out of my line of sight and at such an angle that I can't see what lights are on unless I really try hard (including the check engine and low oil pressure switch), at least during the day (I don't drive it much at night). May depend on where you sit in the car.

KSLunsfo

I was always a bit on the fence about this particular device because it's effectively just turning lights off by my understanding. That being said, I'm not discounting what it took to do so whatsoever...

But, the Warning Light eliminator/TPMS module he was also working on is the one I think most of us (myself included) were more anxious/excited about.

Thread for that device:
https://dfkitcar.com/forum/index.php?threads/goblin-warning-light-eliminator-airbag-seatbelt-tire-pressure-bonus-features.1115/

Metal Mech

I was always a bit on the fence about this particular device because it's effectively just turning lights off by my understanding. That being said, I'm not discounting what it took to do so whatsoever...

But, the Warning Light eliminator/TPMS module he was also working on is the one I think most of us (myself included) were more anxious/excited about.

Thread for that device:
https://dfkitcar.com/forum/index.php?threads/goblin-warning-light-eliminator-airbag-seatbelt-tire-pressure-bonus-features.1115/
Yeah I want that one as well

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Some electrical tape gets rid of them lights pretty easily.

Ghostknife

Goblin Guru
Thanks for the fast shipping, did it this morning before going into work. I however did not get a chance to fire it up to make sure it worked. I don't think the wife would be happy with the 330 wake up.

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
Can you not take apart the cluster and remove the light bulbs? You could one 90’s and 2000’s Hondas but I don’t know on Cobalts.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Can you not take apart the cluster and remove the light bulbs? You could one 90’s and 2000’s Hondas but I don’t know on Cobalts.
There is no light bulbs... there is LED lights that are soldered onto the circuit board.
You could unsolder them, but black electrical tape is easier.