Jared's Florida Road/Track Build - 06 SS/SC (#230)

JPas914

Yep, small world, pretty sure he's in building 632.

I'm surprised he hasn't seen your goblin yet.
Mine has only been on the streets around my house. I’m about to mail my paperwork off to the compliance office as soon as the post office opens, so hopefully it’ll be good to go in a couple weeks. 632 sounds familiar, I’ve probably gotten lost nesr it. Lol. I’m over in the 33rd’s part of the base.

Last edited:

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
Looks like you are making good progress. I could not find mention of it but I did cut out the cross brace in front of the engine. I guess you can pull the engine with it in place but it sure made it a lot easier for me (I have some pictures posted on my build forum). Just used a sawzall and did it in 2 minutes. Pounded over the rough edges with a hammer.

jaredthenav

Mine has only been on the streets around my house. I’m about to mail my paperwork off to the compliance office as soon as the post office opens, so hopefully it’ll be good to go in a couple weeks. 632 sounds familiar, I’ve probably gotten lost nesr it. Lol. I’m over in the 33rd’s part of the base.
I was at Hurlburt for a lot of years, then went away for a few, and am now working up at Duke Field. I talked to the folks at the Pensacola compliance office and they sounded really helpful. I'm hoping that it all goes well for you since I'll be a few months behind you.

jaredthenav

Looking good. Are you going to use the SS seats or aftermarket?
I want to use the SS seats. I'm going to take them over to a local upholsterer to see what they can do and what the damage might be. I'm going to see if they can bolster them more since the existing seats are pretty thrashed. And build in a cut-out for a 5 point harness. Plus I like the idea of having adjustable seats (adjustable without tools, I mean).

95Blitz

I want to use the SS seats. I'm going to take them over to a local upholsterer to see what they can do and what the damage might be. I'm going to see if they can bolster them more since the existing seats are pretty thrashed. And build in a cut-out for a 5 point harness. Plus I like the idea of having adjustable seats (adjustable without tools, I mean).
Good idea, I'm not that far up the road from you, keep me in the loop if you don't mind about pricing to do that. When I get my donor in I will pull the seat and take it and ask the same up here.

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
I also want to use my SS seats which are not really in bad shape. I did find some nice seat covers that I ordered and hope to have in a few days. I'll post some pictures once they arrive and I put them on. This is what they should look like.

Attachments

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I have thought of modifying the stock seats too. Also adding seat heaters to extend the driving season.
Yikes! I had heated seats and took it all out and tossed them. I contemplated using them but didn't want the wiring hassle to slow the build down. That and Kaleb want air conditioned seats worse, but that's never going to happen.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Congrats Jared on the order confirmation! Seems like you are moving along at a good pace already. :D
BTW, you can cut out that front cross member in front of the engine bay on your donor. Makes getting the engine out much easier. ;)