RCK605's Track Goblin #438 - 05 SS/SC

RCK605

I think I had more fun at Disney than my kids. I highly recommend taking advantage of the Disney App and Disney Genie. Reading the tips that are out there, we were able to minimize time in line on just about everything using the app.
We've been reading and planning for awhile now. I also have a coworker that goes multiple times a year and has been giving all sorts of tips.

RCK605

More progress tonight. Got the seat mounting figured out and mocked up. I'll take the plates to work tomorrow and machine the mounting holes.

It appears I'm not the only one ready to go for a drive!

20230207_183355.jpg20230207_183404.jpg20230207_183544.jpg20230207_183754.jpg20230207_184409.jpg

RCK605

I've been slowly chipping away at things. The wiring harness is finished aside from fully wrapping everything. I'll do that after I get the engine running. The frame is ready for powdercoat and will be dropped off in a week or two when they have room.

Feels like I'm starting to make real progress now. Excited to get the frame back and start bolting parts on!

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
Suggestion for you, while the harness is out. I would strongly consider rewiring the APP to C1 wires. A few of us had trouble with a P2138 code that the wiring was the culprit. It’s a known Cobalt issue. This would be the easiest time to do it.
I was also able to remove my APP connection harness in the process..

RCK605

Suggestion for you, while the harness is out. I would strongly consider rewiring the APP to C1 wires. A few of us had trouble with a P2138 code that the wiring was the culprit. It’s a known Cobalt issue. This would be the easiest time to do it.
I was also able to remove my APP connection harness in the process..
I was following along on that thread, but what I'm a little confused about is how that would avoid a problem for me. I just soldered in new extension wires. Wouldn't running different wires be the same thing or is the issue in the little jumper harness and connectors?

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I was following along on that thread, but what I'm a little confused about is how that would avoid a problem for me. I just soldered in new extension wires. Wouldn't running different wires be the same thing or is the issue in the little jumper harness and connectors?
I don't know that I worry about it until you have a problem. Put a pull string in the tunnel so you can pull the wire through later if needed.

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
It seems those wire like to have issues, just based off the numerous posts on this very issue on Cobalt SS forums. But all you’d be doing is putting in fresh wires and possibly a connector on the APP side. It’s easier now on a table than in the car. You may not ever have the issue too.

Last edited:

RCK605

Frame should be ready for pickup at the powdercoater sometime next week so I've been working on cleaning and painting parts. One of my axles was still on the transmission so I decided to pull it out. That didn't go as planned so I'll be dealing with it tomorrow!

20230519_210221.jpg20230519_212031.jpg

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
LSJ (and lesser GM models) have smaller diameter axle shafts. LNF axles are the beefiest stock axles available. To match or exceed requires ordering custom axles.

RCK605

Got some work done the past couple of weekends. Pulling the hoses went pretty smooth. If you haven't done this yet, I recommend pulling a towel through the frame a couple of times first. I had a lot of sand come out.
20230625_122412.jpg20230625_122426.jpg

Floor went on pretty easily. Minimal mess from the urethane adhesive. Mocked up the splitter as well.
20230701_095255.jpg20230701_120543.jpg20230701_120530.jpg20230701_154729.jpg

Then I ran into problems. The cheap steering shaft I got off of Amazon has the hole drilled in the wrong spot and can't get the bolt through on the steering rack side. Then I couldn't get the spline side off so I had to cut it and use a puller. I guess I'll be getting a new one of those now.
20230702_194525.jpg20230702_204438.jpg

Attachments