Rttoys’s track- ‘06 ss/sc #184

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
The spacer trick worked on the seats. I’ll take a pic tomorrow.

The park brake is fairly self explanatory on the routing, but wanted to share that I modified the cable brackets to work on the goblin. It’s not real hard, just put the bracket in a vice and almost make them straight. Then bolt them to the strut using a doner nut and bolt. I zip tied the rest of the cable to the frame.
parking brake cables looks good.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
It is funny from far away how a Goblin looks a little like a Flintstone Mobile because it is all tires and small frame! Great job!
Haha. I feel like a midget in there. Just like the 800 Rzr I had.

once I squeeze in, it’s comfy, but getting in and out is fun.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Nothing to report today. I was burnt out from 2 days in the 95* heat and smoking brisket all day yesterday. I did get out to the hangar, cleaned up the smoker, put away tools for phase 5 of the build.........the hardest part; fine tuning. :cool: This is the stuff I like. Making it right.

G Atsma

Goblin Guru
Nothing to report today. I was burnt out from 2 days in the 95* heat and smoking brisket all day yesterday. I did get out to the hangar, cleaned up the smoker, put away tools for phase 5 of the build.........the hardest part; fine tuning. :cool: This is the stuff I like. Making it right.
I hope the brisket came out good! I love that stuff!

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I hope the brisket came out good! I love that stuff!
It was very nomable. :cool:

My brother and I went in together to buy the pit. I wanted it to smoke sausage during deer season (we use to make it in an old smoke house up on our farm, but we had to bring it down due to safety concerns) and he wanted it for briskets and such. I’m not big on smoking things like brisket, it’s just never been my thing, but I’m getting into it.

Where my brother works, they do a bbq cook off once a year. It’s a big charity event benefitting the employees and what seems like a whole lot of bragging rights for a cook off trophy. It’s about 40 teams, with about 3 of them taking home 80% of the trophies. :rolleyes: We participated last year for the first time and actually took home a 2nd place trophy for chicken. :cool: I think my brother still sleeps with the trophy. :D

so tasting a little victory, I have been practicing in all categories, just trying to make it better and consistent.

Attachments

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Did the alignment today. Used the QuickTrick alignment thingy, as well as tape measures, blocks of wood and various other things. I got everything basically where I wanted it. Went for a drive and all feels good up to 50ish. Tracks straight, stable, and centered steering wheel. :cool:

I got rear lights wired, but still waiting on connectors. :rolleyes: This week’s list is mirrors, headlights, hood and footwell cover. Oh, I do need to fab up a license plate bracket too. Then it will be ready to road test, to work out bugs. Then, the best and most fun part........paperwork for title. Woohoo.

Attachments

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Wang envy could set in eventually and you will just have to get one! ;) Your build is looking good and you will be out tearing g it up in no time....as soon as you get your registration adventure behind you. :D

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Thanks. I live in a rural area outside of houston, with a good amount of backroads. This will be my test track until I/we can get the title stuff done. :cool:

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Thanks. I live in a rural area outside of houston, with a good amount of backroads. This will be my test track until I/we can get the title stuff done. :cool:
I may need to come out there just to be the “chase” Goblin........ :)