Stretch’s ext. track goblin #386 SS/TC

Stretch2126

No chance there's an extra seal in there?
Nope cause I pull it out every time. I’ll try a different combination tomorrow and see if it holds. It’s just weird that it works for a couple hours. I wasn’t sure if the master cylinder was going out, but it’s very obviously leaking through the trans from that block.
I’m not nearly as pressed because the trans shouldn’t have to come out for the 4th time recently.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Probably a damaged seal that works when pressure is applied but relaxes after the pressure is not applied and starts to leak. You might me able to replace with an oring if you can find the right size.

Stretch2126

New seal worked. It doesn’t like down the clutch pipe or at the flare fitting in the trans. It still has a drip so I’m not sure if it’s leftover or if the new Throwout is leaking. The pedal feels good now though and never loses pressure so we’ll see. I’m putting on panels later.

Stretch2126

Finally got the car legal today. Florida tag and all. The truck broke down 30 minutes out and the tow truck brought us to the dmv. Car gets the ok so we take it to get a part for the truck at the store. We get back for the truck to not work so now we’re being towed back for a 2 hour trip. One car legal for the price of another I guess
93014475-DF27-4E3A-9CE2-0B13C2B4356E.jpeg
01A4EF35-1624-4069-8ECA-048D2A874BDF.jpeg

Stretch2126

Finally took the car to an autocross event. Took a little to get used to the car and ended up spinning out on the last run going for a fast run. It’s wild how different I feel like I have to drive the car compared to my old mustang or the cobalt.

DF goblin 1st autocross

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Finally took the car to an autocross event. Took a little to get used to the car and ended up spinning out on the last run going for a fast run. It’s wild how different I feel like I have to drive the car compared to my old mustang or the cobalt.

DF goblin 1st autocross
Nice run on a tight little course! Plenty of Vettes there I hope you beat!!! :)

Stretch2126

Nice run on a tight little course! Plenty of Vettes there I hope you beat!!! :)
Most of them I did but some of those guys are insane. I finally got to watch a C8 pushed to its limits. And the fastest guy was 2-3 seconds faster than me. Makes me believe in Hoosier A7s and 25 years of racing experience lol. Lots of nice drivers to learn from.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Most of them I did but some of those guys are insane. I finally got to watch a C8 pushed to its limits. And the fastest guy was 2-3 seconds faster than me. Makes me believe in Hoosier A7s and 25 years of racing experience lol. Lots of nice drivers to learn from.
The tires alone will give you 2-3 sec.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Endless suspension settings and tire pressure changes are in your future. :p

and yes, tires make a huge difference :cool:

Stretch2126

Anyone else not be able to put the sway bar on with the muffler? I put the sway bar on but the bottom loop of the muffler would hit and then not seal on the header. Just wondering if it was common for turbo guys

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I didn't have any issues with the soft ride sway bar and SS endlinks. And I think the SS endlinks just meant more ground clearance.

Stretch2126

I took it off and put the muffler back on it last weekend before I went racing. It’s an ss bar with the end links. I wasn’t sure if the mufflers are all welded a bit different cause it almost fits.