Search results

1. dastrups

#243 Track Turbo for sale *SOLD*

Chassis #243 Track turbo for sale. Not desperate to sell but ready to try something new. This has been a great journey for me and I have loved every step of it. Now it is time for someone else to enjoy it. Asking $25,900 OBO. Highlights: -Registered in Montana -Dyno 330WHP/360 TQ -LNF crate...
  2. dastrups

Adding a relay for LED's

I have a couple lights already out. My passenger side tail light and side indicator. I didn't wire in a relay so I imagine that is where I went wrong. Anybody know how to go about fixing this?
  3. dastrups

Shifter setup for sale

$100 OBO. I switched to the upgraded DF Goblin setup without the reversers. Used for less than 200 miles. Went through all the nuts and snugged with blue loctite.
  4. dastrups

Intercooler fans wiring

Wondering if it would be okay to wire in the intercooler fans to the second radiator fan plug or if this is a bad idea?
  5. dastrups

Upgraded front brake pads for track use

Anyone found an upgraded brake pad that they like? Not that the brakes are lacking. Just curious if anyone has tried something with a little more initial bite like you would get from a track compound.
  6. dastrups

Front brake caliper part number

Does anybody know the part number for the front calipers? I know they are base cobalt calipers but I wasn’t sure if it mattered which year.
  7. dastrups

Dastrups Track Goblin #243 - 08 SS TC

In a lousy attempt to make a build log, I am going to post pictures of the process that I started back in October of last year and just give a few details along the way. I have never been good about writing things down. Luckily I took plenty of pictures and have the memory of it all fresh in my...
  8. dastrups

Dash not working properly

I have noticed several things not working properly on my dash. Speedo, mileage, and coolant temps not showing at all. Rpms and other things work fine. I have a brand new coolant temp sensor and a brand new sensor on the transmission for the Speedo. Any ideas?
  9. dastrups

Speedo and mileage issue

I just started driving the car and noticed the speedo is not working and the mileage is not changing. Anyone know why this might be?
  10. dastrups

Brake bleeder valve thread pattern

Anybody happen to know the thread pattern for the brake bleed valves on the front and back calipers? I went with the full set from DF. I wanted to try the Russell Speedbleeder valves. I am seeing 10mm x 1.5 on some sites and 10mm x 1.0 on others so I wasn't sure which one it is.
  11. dastrups

Headlight wiring for Dominator 2.0

Does anyone know what wires go to what? I can’t seem to find the wiring diagram for the dominator 2.0.
  12. dastrups

Engine tune

Does anyone know if a tune file from a 2009 SS will work on a 2008 SS? Same motor but I wasn't sure if that would work.
  13. dastrups

Windshield mounting

Has anyone else had the problem where the windshield bracket mounting holes don’t match up for where you mount the bracket to the hood? Mine are off by a good 5mm it looks like. Does the hood need to be mounted to the car before the bracket is mounted to the hood? I wonder if that would flex it...
  14. dastrups

Fuse box

Can anyone verify if I have the right fuses according to this picture? This is for a 2008 Chevy cobalt ss.
  15. dastrups

Second MAP plug

Does this look like the second MAP plug?
  16. dastrups

Fuse box wires

Should there be two big wires that go to the fuse box?
  17. dastrups

Plugs and vacuum lines

Anybody know what hooks up to where the blue and yellow cap are as well as this vacuum line?
  18. dastrups

No start

Hey guys. A couple issues here. When I press in the clutch and turn the key I get nothing but a click. When I jump the starter it will fire over for a split second and then die. The starter is brand new and working great. I verified that the clutch position sensor plug wires are the green and...
  19. dastrups

Fried circuit board

I did a big goof up and tried jump starting the starter but put the wires in the wrong terminals and I heard a spark and a plume of smoke followed by a bad smell. I pulled the top part of the fuse box apart to get to the circuit board and found this (attached picture). Is there any way to fix...
  20. dastrups

First start

Does anyone know if it is harmful in any way to start and drive the car without the turbo/intercooler plumbing hooked up? Starting the LNF crate motor for the first time hopefully in a week or two and wanted to be able to put it under some load right away. Any tips on engine break-in are...