Search results

1. SmsDetroit

Squeaky heim joints

What is the best method to stop the Heims on the front end from squeaking
  2. SmsDetroit

LNF Turbo Heat Shield

I have been thinking of removing the heat shield from my turbo. For no other reason other than aesthetics before I do I want to make sure I won’t regret it. Has anyone removed theirs and if so did you melt anything?
  3. SmsDetroit

Anyone in Michigan

I have a tune given to me by another goblin owner. I was able to fumble my way through getting it copied over to my car. It runs great but I’d like to have someone show me how to make adjustments and log pulls
  4. SmsDetroit

Save your legs.

For those of you like me. When you get back into you car after it’s been sitting in the sun (Autocross, Car show) and you get to feel that wonderful feeling of you skin melting. I’ve found an all be it not the best looking solution. A collapsible windshield screen
  5. SmsDetroit

Autocross for newbies

I did my first Autocross event last week and learned a lot. Starting with chalking your tires to see how they are wearing then adjusting the air pressure accordingly. Also got a lot of tips on what to bring. I thought it would be good to have a thread where people can post questions and tips.
  6. SmsDetroit

Helmet options

So I had a helmet for this past weekends autocorss event that I thought was good. Turns out it is not snell approved. So I started looking at options. Wow there are a lot. There is one that I love the looks of but that should be why you decide on one. What are option you guys like. Side note...
  7. SmsDetroit

LNF 3 bar map sensor

I’m getting ready to install a new pcm I got from ZZP with a tune (my pcm was tuner locked). When I pulled off the map sensors that came on the donor originally they were the Bosch 3 bar maps but the car didn’t run right. Whenever you got out of the throttle it surged through the turbo. So I...
  8. SmsDetroit

F40

Can a chassis built for a f23-f35 trans be easily modified for a F40 trans?
  9. SmsDetroit

Tuning LNF

Are there any other tuners out there other than HP tuners that people use? Are there tuners that don’t require paying for credits or unlocking the ECU?
  10. SmsDetroit

Rear pads not contacting the rotor

So my right rear outer pad only contact the upper half of the rotor. I’ve don’t brake thousands of times and can’t figure this one out. I’ve taken everything apart and check to make sure everything is sitting flush yet it keeps only contacting the upper half of the rotor. Any ideas
  11. SmsDetroit

LNF Enging harness

So I broke down today. Come to find out I have 20-30 bare wires and some pinched. The harness is rough in other places so instead of spending all the time fixing all the wires I think it’s would be easier to just replace entire harness. Does anyone know where I can get one?
  12. SmsDetroit

Torque specs

Is there a list of all of the torque specs? I have about 100 miles on my goblin and I’d like to go back over and retorque all the bolts to make sure everything is still tight without having to rewatch all the videos.
  13. SmsDetroit

LNF valve cleaning

Has anyone tried products like Seafoam for cleaning their valves once the engine is installed?
  14. SmsDetroit

Woodward Cruise

I put some information in the Michigan builders thread. This is a massive cruise every year in Michigan. It was the largest cruise in the world at some point (I think it still is). It is the 3rd Saturday in August. The week leading up to it is full of cursing, burnouts and racing (mostly...
  15. SmsDetroit

Rim width vs tire size.

I’m looking at rims. I’m looking to run 275 in the rear and 245 up front. When looking it seems like I have to run at least a 9.5” rim for the 275. Is this correct? Most of the rims I’m looking at are 8”. I’m still running the 5X110 bolt pattern.
  16. SmsDetroit

Navigating the Forum

I think I’m pretty good at getting around on this forum but it seems like there are some people that can find the impossible on here. What are some tricks on searching and sharing? Ie build logs post about repairs etc
  17. SmsDetroit

Turbo noise

Sorry for the stupid question. I’ve driven both turbo and supercharged cars for years. I’ve never heard one like this car. There’s no sound of a blowoff valve when coming off the gas under power. It sounds like there is a turkey in my engine. What am I missing? PS. It was this way in the donor
  18. SmsDetroit

Headlights

The passenger low beam is very dim. When I check the ground it shows good. The high beam is the same as the drivers side. I don’t think the mirrors or tail lights not being hooked up yet would cause that. Any help would be appreciated
  19. SmsDetroit

Tunnel cover.

Should my tunnel cover have holes for the parking brake. I ordered the parking brake kit but can not see how they mount to the tunnel
  20. SmsDetroit

DF braided brake line retainers

I have their new front brake line retainers. They came with 4 rivets. Are these attached to the control arms with the rivets? If so is there another way? I’m not really liking the idea of drilling a hole in the control arms.