A Peek Into DF Kit Car

PaulPerger

Kit # 366 is going to Lewis Center Ohio!? I just moved from Lewis Center Ohio to South Florida... So, Bryan, where in LC are you? I was just north of Orange Road between Old South State and the RR tracks.

GoblinGal

Goblin Guru
Good morning Goblin Family & Friends!

What's going on at DFKC?

Our weather here lately has been cooler (or cold) in the mornings & nice afternoons. Sunday was our coldest day this past weekend, if memory serves me correctly (no guarantees there!) it was 18 degrees (feel like temp of 4) Sunday morning. This morning we were still below freezing but it looks the forecast holds some nicer mornings in store for us soon!

In the meantime, this is 1 of my favorite spots outside of our office area...There are several more running throughout the non-office buildings.

Yesterday I showed an early shot of 366 on the jig. Here she is this morning. Ray has come a long way with her. The next stop will be our rotisserie & then of course, inspection.

The # of kits that we sold in 2021?

2022 starts us off with a full production schedule estimated at this time to run into the end of May. Last year we set a goal to streamline things more around here & we made big dents, but it'll always be our goal to better ourselves for y'all.

Our last sold kit was #411, that slipped miraculously under the 2021 pricing structure radar & even though it was ordered at the start of 2022, we're honoring the 2021 pricing that our site reflected at that time for the items purchased. It's the right thing to do! #411 is penciled in to hit the jig on May 24th right now. Let's see where we're at on that day. Our goal is to better it.

It is never a comfortable task increasing prices & this year our starting price jumped $1,100 from $7,950 to $9,050. For a new visitor to the website, this is a huge increase. However, one reason we went up so much is that the new kit includes the extended frame option by default.

We previously charged $850 for this option but now that things on the back end will be more streamlined without having to order, manufacture, stock & pull standard & extended frame rails, main hoop assemblies, halos, a-pillars, floors, tunnels, tunnel caps, brake lines, clutch lines & side panels, we'll actually be able to make the extended kits with less labor & cost. So the extended length upcharge accounts for about $450 of the $1,100 increase. The remaining $650 covers the increases we've seen in materials, components and the cost of shipping these items to our shop.

This Friday #362 heads home to Uvalde TX, Jeff is coming to pick up his full kit shipment & we can't wait to have another Goblin hit the Texas roads!

I need to get back to my "real" work now but wish y'all a great day!

Last edited:

Kyle

I went through to order process to see the changes made (and building a 2nd goblin is always a temptation ;)), and I was wondering why the paid in full option is $250 more than the pay in stages. I would think the paying in full option would be the same price or cheaper since DFKC gets all the money up front. Has it always been this way? I'm wondering if I made a mistake choosing the pay in full when I purchased my kit :oops:

GoblinGal

Goblin Guru
I went through to order process to see the changes made (and building a 2nd goblin is always a temptation ;)), and I was wondering why the paid in full option is $250 more than the pay in stages. I would think the paying in full option would be the same price or cheaper since DFKC gets all the money up front. Has it always been this way? I'm wondering if I made a mistake choosing the pay in full when I purchased my kit :oops:
Hey, thanks Kyle! We've been working out the bugs on our site since the new pricing went into effect & you just helped us locate another feature we need to fix!

We're getting our top tech guy on it now!

Kyle

Hey, thanks Kyle! We've been working out the bugs on our site since the new pricing went into effect & you just helped us locate another feature we need to fix!
Glad I could help! So to clarify, in the past the paid in full option subtracts the $250 out of the total cost? I'm still a bit confused. Thanks for the help!

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
Glad I could help! So to clarify, in the past the paid in full option subtracts the $250 out of the total cost? I'm still a bit confused. Thanks for the help!
That's right. Here's a rundown of the two scenarios with a base kit (this is using current prices but the process was always like this):

Stages:
  • Deposit: $1,000
  • Stage 1 invoice: $4,025 ($5,025 minus $1,000 deposit)
  • Stage 2 invoice: $4,025
  • Grand total: $9,050
  • side note: You will pay shipping for each stage individually so this option will end up costing more overall but that all goes to the shipping companies, not us.
All at once:
  • Deposit: $1,250
  • Final invoice: $7,800 ($9,050 minus $1,250 deposit)
  • Grand total: $9,050
The final invoice for the all at once kit will include stage 1, stage 2, all of the options that were selected and then at the very bottom it will have a line item crediting the amount from the deposit:

Austin is working on the order page right now to fix the prices and clear up the chart at the bottom.

The bottom line is that everybody pays the same price (except for shipping prices which will always be higher when shipped in stages). And in case anyone is wondering why we do this, we know that some guys don't have the garage space or budget to get a whole kit delivered all in one go. We want the kit to be as accessible as possible so we don't penalize guys that have to buy over time.

Kyle

Awesome, thanks for the transparency! I'm looking forward to the new developments for 2022 :D.

Keep up the good work!

GoblinGal

Goblin Guru
Good morning Goblin Family & Friends!!!

I hope that everyone is having a great morning so far....

What's going on at DFKC today? Another chilly morning & overcast. It sounds like the clouds will be gone here shortly & while we'll have clear skies, we won't break 60 today. Or so they say.

I have planned vacation time off the next few business days. Today is my last day of the week & I'm off Monday, returning Tuesday. My mom's 75th birthday is this weekend! My sister & I have spent 7 months or so planning her "surprise weekend" with family flying (& driving) in (fingers crossed no delays or cancellations!) from around the country. Y'all behave while I'm gone!

What do y'all think about this for our next possible Goblin optional body? :p

Have a great day y'all!

OSUbryan

Kit # 366 is going to Lewis Center Ohio!? I just moved from Lewis Center Ohio to South Florida... So, Bryan, where in LC are you? I was just north of Orange Road between Old South State and the RR tracks.
I'm just north of Lewis Center I'm a neighborhood off Old State, we are practically neighbors! Lol

OSUbryan

Happy New Year Goblin Family & Friends!

Whew! My head is SPINNING as I am trying my best to process all the orders received while we were closed...We sold 33 kits in December alone!

View attachment 29853

Thanks Goblin Family, you guys rock & gave us our BEST year yet! We're going to be running a bit longer than usual (12-16 weeks) but as always, you know we do our best for you.

View attachment 29854

Today #366 hit the jig...She'll make her way home to Lewis Center Ohio when she's all ready!

View attachment 29855

View attachment 29856
View attachment 29857

Stewart Transport is here picking up 3 kits headed to NY & NJ....

View attachment 29858

View attachment 29859

Lots to do today but I didn't want you guys to think I forgot about you!

Have a great day!!!
Can't wait!!!!

comegetjoe

Goblin Guru
Good morning Goblin Family & Friends!!!

View attachment 29893

I hope that everyone is having a great morning so far....

View attachment 29894

What's going on at DFKC today? Another chilly morning & overcast. It sounds like the clouds will be gone here shortly & while we'll have clear skies, we won't break 60 today. Or so they say.

View attachment 29896

I have planned vacation time off the next few business days. Today is my last day of the week & I'm off Monday, returning Tuesday. My mom's 75th birthday is this weekend! My sister & I have spent 7 months or so planning her "surprise weekend" with family flying (& driving) in (fingers crossed no delays or cancellations!) from around the country. Y'all behave while I'm gone!

What do y'all think about this for our next possible Goblin optional body? :p

View attachment 29901

Have a great day y'all!
No! That beetle, just.... no.

Last edited: