Chris’s 2007 SS/SC track frame build for autocross

ccannx

Goblin Guru
Got the Goblin out to a local practice today. The day ended short with a broken shifter linkage. Going to have to start doing some digging to come up with a metal solution for this flimsy piece of plastic.

Attachments

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Layers on an onion - fix this and the next weakest link will fail. :oops: I recall there are at least a couple threads on the forum discussing shifter mods and replacement of plastic parts. Some of these are affordable and a few are rather expensive - all depends upon what you need. Do a search and these should come up.

ccannx

Goblin Guru
After logging Map pressure in VCM scanner it seems I’m only boosting about 10psi. I tried to check the boost bypass/blowoff valve and if it wasn’t broken before it was after I started fooling with it. Went ahead and pulled the m62 which was pretty straightforward except for the connection on the bottom. 4 bolts, the belt map plug, and a couple vac tubes. Looks like some sort of porting was done to this blower. Taped up injector wires and noticed the vacuum tube under the supercharger was very loose wonder it I can just cap this off. Ordered a new boost bypass from Zzp. Cleaned the throttle body in hopes to smooth out the choppy idle issues.

Attachments

ccannx

Goblin Guru
Boost valve is absolutely bad. Easy to tell when you have a new one side by side. This one had 200k on it so it’s to be expected. I took a short clip of the two but not sure how to upload videos to the forum.

Ross

Goblin Guru
You upload your video to YouTube, Vimeo or one of those video websites, and then put the URL address here.

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
Got the Goblin out to a local practice today. The day ended short with a broken shifter linkage. Going to have to start doing some digging to come up with a metal solution for this flimsy piece of plastic.
I used the OTTP clamps referenced above with the goblin rod. See here:

ccannx

Goblin Guru
Thanks for the info ! I have an event next weekend and would have been standing around scratching my head with the OTTP clamps. Will go rummaging through the donor tomorrow and see if I can cut the ends off the stock shifter cables.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
You can plug the vacuum port if you want to bypass the blow off.

Those rotors look terrible. Where is all of that black oil from? I wonder if it's the blower oil leaking inside. What you probably don't realize is your laminova tubes are probably also completely clogged up. You will need to take off your intake to get to those and clean those up.

This is what they should look like.

This is what mine looked like and this is with a relatively clean intake.

All the intake air has to pass through those fins (not around, but through). Cleaning these also helps to keep the IAT2 temps down.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
This is the underside of our blower just as removed. From the markings, I think it was just rebuilt or something. It sure was clean for the age of the car.

The vanes are black, but that is not oil. It's some odd manufacture coating.

ccannx

Goblin Guru
You can plug the vacuum port if you want to bypass the blow off.

Already got a new one hoping it will help with the idle and choppy throttle issue. Will get a chance to test see this weekend.

Those rotors look terrible. Where is all of that black oil from? I wonder if it's the blower oil leaking inside.

A couple of events ago there was a ton of oil blow by it was leaking from the intake so bad there was a puddle under the car in grid. That was before the pan got pulled and the discovery of the blocked oil pickup in the pan. Surprised the motor didn't spin a bearing. Ever since the new chains and catch can its had no issues and nothing in the catch can. It doesn't rattle and tick like hell when I start it like before.

What you probably don't realize is your laminova tubes are probably also completely clogged up. You will need to take off your intake to get to those and clean those up.

Your right ! They are probably awful 200k and the donor was rode hard. Tempted to pull it back apart but hoping next time it will be to put a turbo kit on it. They seem to really be buried in there :

ToxicBill

I cleaned my laminova cores using this YouTube video. I highly recommend it as mine were dirty as hell. I put them in some Simple Green overnight.