Gearjammer’s City Goblin – 06 SS/SC G85

gearjammer

Got the rear brakes on (metal retainer missing from this pic)

Anybody happen to know what this snapring goes to? Looks important…

gearjammer

I rewatched the steering column disassembly video, I have that snap ring. The steering column ring is smaller than the one in my image. But thanks for the idea!

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Looks like the snap ring that holds the bearing in place on the mid shaft. Bearing sits in the retainer bolted to the block.

gearjammer

I think you are talking about these? Might be had to see but they are in there. Maybe I will just keep this thing in the spare parts bin.

gearjammer

Well I hope whatever that is supposed to hold in stays in :). I Separated the trans from the engine and replaced the pressure plate, clutch, flywheel, and throw out bearing. I didn’t go any further than that.

gearjammer

You know I completely broke down the AC compressor to see how it worked. I wonder if it could have been from that. I just have the pulley (with snap ring) and half of the shell of the compressor left on my engine.

gearjammer

Getting closer....Still need to wire in the tail lights, headlights, turn signals. Still have to install the stainless steel brake lines, harness, firewall, turn signals, headlights. Currently running into an issue with the shifter cables not being able to get the bellcranks perpendicular to the tunnel. cable is routed tightly to the engine going underneeth the fuel tank, but over the subframe to the shifter, rod ends can't be adjusted any more or they will fall off....not really sure what to do there.

gearjammer

Just got an email back from Adam, he is sending some extentions for the shift cables. That should clear up that issue! So happy I went with DF for my project, couldn't ask for a better company.