How fast is it?

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
I just switched from Continental conti trac to Falcon Azenis AT660 because I have a track day coming up and I wanted something stickier. After putting about 100 miles on them I felt comfortable putting a little speed on them today. I could hardly keep it in my lane at 120 mph. I think I’ve had it to about 130 on the continentals. Gearing says it should do 160 but My car just does not seem stable over 100mph speeds. I had it professionally aligned and as far as I can tell everything is right. Maybe it’s just aero. I’m hoping to figure it out as I learn more. If I really want to go fast my Fireblade is good for 185.
Something must be wonky with the alignment, I've been at 150 in mexico racing a liter bike :D

Nuker-

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Well my wife never though my SS/TC was as fast as out Widebody Hellcat. We finally it it at a 15 roll. I stayed with her all her way until she missed 3rd the ran away
Some may give you a hard time you have a wife that misses gears........
Some are jealous you got a wife that knows how to row through the gears.......
Some would be afraid to line up against your wife.........

Either way my man, you need to take care of that one! She's a keeper!!!!!!!!

:)

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru

Well she has a 550WHP ATS-V that’s her car with a M6 as well. She know how to drive. We all miss 3rd from time to time.

Ghostknife

Goblin Guru

Ive been to Sms’ house, it’s like a car show in front of a mansion.

Chubbs

I have often explained to people that the Goblin is about as fast as a hellcat, but lighter. Now we finally have a real test to back it up!

Goblin - 260 hp and 1600 lbs = 6.15 lbs/hp
Hellcat - 707 hp and 4400 lbs = 6.22 lbs/hp

We can argue about exact power numbers....but they are close. mathematically, they should be neck and neck.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
I have often explained to people that the Goblin is about as fast as a hellcat, but lighter. Now we finally have a real test to back it up!

Goblin - 260 hp and 1600 lbs = 6.15 lbs/hp
Hellcat - 707 hp and 4400 lbs = 6.22 lbs/hp

We can argue about exact power numbers....but they are close. mathematically, they should be neck and neck.
Ah that explains why I blow the doors off all the hellcats that think they going to whoop me haha.

Nuker-

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
As long as you are not talking about top speed, a decently tuned goblin will smoke just about anything………except for a Miata at autocross. o_O

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
I get the "what is that thing?" question still . . .
To revisit the above comment, now that I've been registered and road-legal for over a year, this is the most frequent question I get.

"And what is this thing?"

"It's a car."

Ask with snark, get snark in return. It's quite annoying.

Bear in mind, it's all about the delivery tone. Preceeding the question with "And" sets the stage. If it's an older guy, I usually cut them some slack. But if some younger dude walks up to me, gestures toward it with his chin, and says "And what's this?" they get the "It's a car." treatment.

Lol.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Yep. Approached with snarky and you’ll receive snarky. :D

The latest one I have been getting is “it would be more fun, if it was street legal”. Umm. It is. ;)

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
In today's edition of "How fast is it?", we have something new.

My daughter is 12, turning 13 in a little more than a week ... and as such, like all kids these days, she loves Tik Tok. She was surfing the site on her phone when all of a sudden, I heard her make a yelping noise. Then she just looked at me.

I thought "Crap, someone must have caught me in a compromising position, then posted it on Tik Tok..." but no. She ran over to me and played a video, and in it there was a clip of a couple pre-teens posing with my Goblin. She knows the kid that posted it, so she message'd him saying "That's my dad's car."

His response was "How fast is it?"

Lol.