Jim McDonald // Extended Track // '09 HHR SS/TC Automatic

Torchandregdoc

Its been a while since I've updated my build log, so figured I should document some of the progress before I forget it. All though I work on the car nearly everyday, progress has been painfully slow. Where to begin...

I cleaned up and painted the CV axles. Used VHT wheel paint. Nothing fancy, just a little cleaner.

20200113_083449.jpg20191228_182830.jpg

Last edited:

Torchandregdoc

I have been trying to decide on seats. The HHR seats were so tall, I decided not to use them. Plus, a guy offered me $400 for the pair so i took it. On a side note, I paid $2200 for my donor, fuel and tip for the trip home from California for my son, included. To date, I've sold off $1800 in parts. Not much left though. Ok, back to the seats. I need something comfortable, especially for momma. I've sat in racing seats, 2 hours is about my limit. I need to make sure that we can run out to the marina at the lake for breakfast and its a pleasant trip, for both of us. Also, I want something that reclines and slides. I will have several people of different sizes who will drive regularly. If I need to, I'll put a fixed racing seat in for track days.

I had a wedding in Utah and heard that Corbeau has a distribution center in the Salt Lake Valley. Long story short is.... the people at Corbeau are awesome. I wrote them a google review that I'll link below. Tried on 20 seats for size. I believe we will go with the LG1, unless someone here convinces me otherwise.

20200103_155125.jpg
20200103_155423.jpg

JSATX

I’ve said this many times before but I’ll repeat it again here...having Corbeau install the heaters was one of the best decisions I made on this whole build haha. Went on an extended drive this weekend at 45° and they were awesome to have. I am also using their universal slider which is well made.

Torchandregdoc

I’ve said this many times before but I’ll repeat it again here...having Corbeau install the heaters was one of the best decisions I made on this whole build haha. Went on an extended drive this weekend at 45° and they were awesome to have. I am also using their universal slider which is well made.
I was kickimg the idea around. Figured at least the back half would be warm. Can you set the temperature? Do thry ever get to hot? I have to be careful with skin.

JSATX

I was kickimg the idea around. Figured at least the back half would be warm. Can you set the temperature? Do thry ever get to hot? I have to be careful with skin.
They include a high/low switch. I usually cycle from high to low about 15 minutes in. I don’t think you need to worry about too hot because if it’s cold enough to be using them you likely have jeans and a jacket on which will keep you from getting too hot.

Desert Sasqwatch

Well Arc, therin lies the problem, i used to be a dum bass and turned myself into a num bass. Lol!!!!!!

I had my wife and boy sit in a lot of seats. Generally, if a seat is comfortable for you AB people, my skin will be ok.
Jim, If the wife is going with you, it had better be comfortable for her - so, I would definitely go with what she likes and it should be comfortable enough to keep your hammy skin happy. :D

Ark :D

Well Arc, therin lies the problem, i used to be a dum bass and turned myself into a num bass. Lol!!!!!!

I had my wife and boy sit in a lot of seats. Generally, if a seat is comfortable for you AB people, my skin will be ok.
Oh my gosh, I wasn't even thinking. Sorry about that!

Torchandregdoc

Oh my gosh, I wasn't even thinking. Sorry about that!
Arc, don't sweat it at all. We joke about it all the time. If your gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough. Don't get me wrong, if i had it to do again, that's one ride i probably wouldn't take. That being said , i still love bikes, but the Goblin will fill in nicely. With age comes the cage.