Lokian's Extended Street Gob in Indiana - 10 LS # 251

Lokian

Well good and bad day... I got some powdercoating done and tested the colors I want. It is a 3 step procedure. Bad news... I done goof. Went to remove the dipstick and broke it off. Then to make matters worse... I used a pick to try and remove the rest of the tube and broke off the tip.. I have no idea where the tip is.:eek:

Goblin Graber

Bummer on the dipstick, but that powder turned out great! That matte purple metallic is almost exactly what my wrap looks like.

Just throwing it out there that I have a whole 100’ roll of it. It’s a discontinued color from Vvivid. Matte purple ghost metallic.

Lokian

For the engine harness. I'm deleting the ac wires, evap, Fan and can I also delete the second O2 sensor?

Any other wires not needed?

Goblin Graber

If you plan on boosting at some point you might want to keep the AC pressure sensor wires. You can reconfigure that input to data log a wideband in HP tuners and not have to buy the pro version.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I kept the fan wiring. One is used, one is not, but I figure if I ever need the second one for other coolers, it’s there.

Anks329

If you plan on boosting at some point you might want to keep the AC pressure sensor wires. You can reconfigure that input to data log a wideband in HP tuners and not have to buy the pro version.
How does this work? I was planning to plug the wideband into a serial to USB adapter and then into the laptop. It would be great to eliminate that step and have everything pulled directly through the obd2 port.

Ross

Goblin Guru
The ECU in a Cobalt is already listening to the AC Pressure Sensor, and is able to send this sensor's voltage on the high speed GMLAN which is GMs early version of the CANBUS system.
HP Tuners VCM Scanner software can monitor AC Pressure Sensor Voltage via the GMLAN on the OBDII port.
If you hook that AC sensor wire up to a wideband O2 sensor, then the voltage can be used by the software. I would check the voltage range of the original AC sensor and be sure that wideband sensor is in the same voltage range. Hopefully they are both 0-5v sensors.

VCM Scanner is used to gather log files while your engine is running.
This data is then used to modify the tables in your ECU, by using VCM Editor.
You could write a user defined math parameter named "wideband" that uses the voltage from the AC Pressure Sensor, and that can become part of your graphs.

Last edited: