Mahkoi's #299. Ext Track. SS Turbo.

Mahkoi

I did a quick measurement a couple of weeks ago but I don't remember the numbers off the top of my head. It was outside of the easy things to find on the Google.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Joebob did smoked side panels

Joebob

Goblin Guru
I did a mixture of welded in tabs and rivnuts into the frame. I wanted the panels to stop midway up the sides of the tubing so not to catch an edge while holding/sitting on the frame rails, or the bottom tube with the water hose. There would not be enough material to put the screw holes. for places that secured the mid panel or ends, I drilled for #10-24 or 5mm rivnuts into the frame. The panels are secured with ruber washer to the rivnut, the lexan, sealing washer, then screw. I can take better pictures later today if you need more.

Joe

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
I did a mixture of welded in tabs and rivnuts into the frame. I wanted the panels to stop midway up the sides of the tubing so not to catch an edge while holding/sitting on the frame rails, or the bottom tube with the water hose. There would not be enough material to put the screw holes. for places that secured the mid panel or ends, I drilled for #10-24 or 5mm rivnuts into the frame. The panels are secured with ruber washer to the rivnut, the lexan, sealing washer, then screw. I can take better pictures later today if you need more.

Joe
View attachment 30514
looks naked without the Christmas livery...... ;)

Mahkoi

Well the remainder of the parts were ordered from DF today. I guess I'll do some wheel shopping while I wait. I have these wheels in mind for now. Still not sure if I'm going with hub centric adapters or redrilled hubs with hub centric ring that matches the new wheels. I'm thinking 285/30r18 all the way around. Unless you guys have some experience that it's a bad idea going that route.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
I personally like the idea of hub centric spacers/adapters. Custom ones can be hub centric and also wheel centric.

While redrilled hubs aren’t bad, it can add another layer of work if/when you have to replace one as now you also have to have it redrilled.

Mahkoi

I personally like the idea of hub centric spacers/adapters. Custom ones can be hub centric and also wheel centric.

While redrilled hubs aren’t bad, it can add another layer of work if/when you have to replace one as now you also have to have it redrilled.
Yeah, I had a buddy lose a front tire of his trans am while using lug centric wheels so I've always been cautious of them. Maybe it's a rare thing or there was other factors I dont know about but I'd prefer the hub taking the forces rather than the lugs.

Good call. I hadn't considered the future replacement of the drilled hubs.

Mahkoi

Not sure if anyone else is using torque seal on their cars but I am on mine. We use this on cars my garage builds for durability testing at work. It's a nice visual reminder that you torqued a bolt and it makes it easier to find a problem later if one comes up. You can look for a cracked line on the fasteners rather than hitting every bolt with a torque wrench chasing down a squeak or rattle. I found out it came in a more subtle gray color than the bright colors we use at work so it doesn't stand out too much on my car. I'm just using it on major suspension/steering stuff and engine mounts.
20220222_204512.jpg

Mahkoi

Stage 2 and 3 parts showed up today! A couple of the boxes look like they barely made it. But so far it only looks like I lost one of the 1/4" spacers for the brakes and 2 washers out of the brake hardware kit. The bag broke and the box was mangled so there's no telling where they are between Michigan and Texas. That's fairly easy stuff to replace so I'm not worried about it. Perfect timing on parts, this is the warmest weekend we've had in months.

Mahkoi

Need some help from the SS/TC builders. I'm working on the intercooler intake tubes and I can't seem to find a decent pic or video on what the solution is to connect the TMAP tube to the throttle body. I'm assuming I have to cut this bent silicone tube but wanted to make sure. Or there's the chance I have this all backwards in how I figured that these tubes go. There was some confusion figuring out where the silicone tubes went but I think most of that was the fact that I got two of the 2in to 2.5in adapters in my kit instead of one 2 to 2.5 and one 2.25 to 2.75 adapter. So I have no silicone piece that fits my turbo inlet. But I'll bug DF about getting the right piece tomorrow.
20220308_211738.jpg
20220308_211716.jpg

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
I'm sorry @Mahkoi , I tried to trace the hose connecting to the brass MAP tube fitting on my car, but with the engine cover on and barely any light in my garage, I just can't trace it the whole way. It heads toward the exhaust side of the engine, on the passenger side, though. Hopefully that gives you a lead to go with.

You do cut the big V tube, to fit on the intake manifold.

Scott #321

The hose to the brass fitting connects to the solenoid on top of the intake above the alternator. Not the best pic but it is the black braided hose in the below picture.
20220308_220132.jpg