r3drckt - extended track - 06 SS/SC G85

Sparvy

Spoke with Kimberly. She's fantastic and I can't thank the DF team for all the hard work they continue to do for all of us. My frame is all welded and they're gathering parts for the rest of my kit and coordinating shipping at this time. Frame #261 below:

View attachment 21068View attachment 21069
Sweet. Did they say when yours was shipping out? If I remember correctly they ship chassis to similar locations when they have enough for a truck. I'm #262 so mine may be on the jig.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Sweet. Did they say when yours was shipping out? If I remember correctly they ship chassis to similar locations when they have enough for a truck. I'm #262 so mine may be on the jig.
Looks like it won’t ship this month unfortunately as there’s no other kits coming this way on the schedule this month. My kits not on the schedule this month anyways, doesn’t mean it won’t change. May end up biting the bullet and do a pickup. Waiting a week or 2 for delivery I might be able to contain my excitement for, not sure if I’ll be able to hold back for a month+

Dale E

I delivered some goods to them last week. The shop is looking great! It was busy! More good things to come I'm sure!

Dale

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Since I’m going to be running 93 Octane, I’m assuming I’ll be around the 400whp mark, maybe a little more. I still need to buy my ported head or have a place around me do it, but it’s going to be required (plus the 82# valve springs) to reach that number and spin to 7500rpm.

400whp is my goal anyway. Same mod list (or pretty similar one minus the turbo) is what JustinRead was running when he did his 587whp run on e85. He was using the S257 turbo though. The Z57 is supposed to be similar, but not quite as potent.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
I also figure if I'm aiming for 400whp, I'd build the motor for more so I don't blow it up. Rather burn up a clutch or snap a CV axle from the power instead of sending a rod through the block. Otherwise the stock internals should hold up fine to <400whp.

pisco

I also figure if I'm aiming for 400whp, I'd build the motor for more so I don't blow it up. Rather burn up a clutch or snap a CV axle from the power instead of sending a rod through the block. Otherwise the stock internals should hold up fine to <400whp.
350-400 whp is my end goal as well however I’ll be starting out stock to tune suspension and get a feel for the car. 1st winter after assembly is complete I’ll do my engine build. I’ll be watching your build in the meantime. Anxious to see how it works out for you

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Got word today my kit might be shipping on 22 March. Should arrive just in time for classes to end so I have 2 weeks to mock up the side intercoolers before my next class starts.

Sparvy

Got word today my kit might be shipping on 22 March. Should arrive just in time for classes to end so I have 2 weeks to mock up the side intercoolers before my next class starts.
I heard the other day that mine is shipping out on the 15th so it appears like they are sending them out in batches on a weekly basis these days. Business is booming.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
I heard the other day that mine is shipping out on the 15th so it appears like they are sending them out in batches on a weekly basis these days. Business is booming.
Yea they are trying to send in batches to similar regions. Chassis 268 is scheduled to ship Monday because that batch is hitting the west coast, but mine that’s 261 is headed to the east coast 2 weeks later. Rather pay $800 in shipping than $1400 in taxes and gas to pick the chassis up (plus my time driving) if it means waiting a few extra weeks, so be it.

Sparvy

Yea they are trying to send in batches to similar regions. Chassis 268 is scheduled to ship Monday because that batch is hitting the west coast, but mine that’s 261 is headed to the east coast 2 weeks later. Rather pay $800 in shipping than $1400 in taxes and gas to pick the chassis up (plus my time driving) if it means waiting a few extra weeks, so be it.
Sounds like we are on the same shipment. My chassis is 262 and heading to NH so depending on your location on the east coast we will likely be days apart. I also considered picking mine up but the gas, hotels, food on top of the TX tax wouldn't have made much sense since my shipping is supposed to be in the 1300 ballpark.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Ya all the added expenses on top of the tax isn't worth the few weeks I can wait haha. I'm down in Pensacola, FL (near the Alabama boarder) so a few days apart sounds about right. Not sure how many others are along the way either. The $800 was just a guestimate. I haven't received my final invoice yet so not sure what the shipping is going to be.

GoblinGal

Goblin Guru
I plan on driving the Goblin (or potentially towing it) when @GoblinGal organizes the First Annual Goblin Fest at the DF HQ.
That'd be great, huh? I agree! However, have you ever been to North Texas? Have you ever driven in Texas traffic? The roads here are not the nicest to go cruising on & the traffic is even worse! You'll see our Goblins & crew here & throughout the coming year but having a get together here? Not that we don't LOVE our Goblin family but NAH....;)