Nilbog's Matte Blaze 08 LT

Nilbog

Tried a different cars battery. Battery is def not the problem. Must have a wiring or starter issue. Fun

Nilbog

Anyone running 5 lug hubs? I could only find ABS 5 lug hubs and the front wont fit into the uprights, the wheel sensor housing hits the steering beam on the upright. I popped off the bearing cap with sensor plug from the hub, now it fits but i need a new shorter hub cap... not sure where to get one.

Anyone run into this?

Nilbog

Things moving right along. How much are we supposed to cut the stock strut springs? Cant seem to find it in searches.

Tony

Thanks! BTW, i tried turning the adjustments on the arms but they are STUCK solid and dont want to move.
Make sure you're not making the same mistake I did... I couldn't tell that the jam nut was separate from the tie rod end - just thought that was the hex on the part and that someone had failed to reinstall the jam nut at some point. I kept trying to turn it to remove the rod end, but was actually tightening the jam nut against it.

Nilbog

Got them off. Installing the rear toe link now. Am i missing something? The taper on the rear uprights for the tie rod ends is tapered the wrong way so i cant get the tie rods in.... unless we are installing the rear tie rods upside down?

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Got them off. Installing the rear toe link now. Am i missing something? The taper on the rear uprights for the tie rod ends is tapered the wrong way so i cant get the tie rods in.... unless we are installing the rear tie rods upside down?
This is the only picture I have of the rear of the car that kind of shows them.

IMG_3550.JPG

Nilbog

Tie rods on, full rear supsension and brakes done with wheels on. Ran into an issue with front rotors (wow!). See the pictures below. These were supplied rotors. Installed backwards to show that configuration they fit, notice the diameter of the inner casting of the rotor, its slightly small in diameter than the outside machined area. On other picture this is as far as I can install, that inside cast lip interferes with the wheel hub.... anyone run into this?

20181027_095901.jpg
20181027_095934.jpg

Nilbog

Ahh annoying. Other rotor casting appears to be machined a bit as you can see on thr left. That rotor goes on a bit more than the right one but not fully seated.
20181027_100745.jpg

Nilbog

Progress again... its rollin! Seem to have a leak when I hit the brake pedal without the car running, I can hear air coming out from somewhere by the master cylinder.

Also, whats the locking clamp with welded on tab for in the steering assy bag? I assume its some sort of lock so the steering wheel cant be pulled out but I cant for the life of me figure out where it would go/fit.

20181027_154823.jpg

Nilbog

Ahhhhhhhhh! Do you have a picture of how/where it is installed? Understand what your saying but cant picture where it would go.

Nilbog

Been searching for auto shifter installed or installation pics... anyone have any? Thanks!

Taking for a spin to the local gas station tomorrow! Will shift by hand on cable if need be :)

Nilbog

Thanks Brian! That explains why the stage 2 photos dont show it

Does anything prevent the steering wheel from being pulled out towards the driver?

Last edited: