Search results

1. Iwanttogofast

LSJ Wiring Questions

I've been off of my Goblin project for a while due to some personal issues, plus getting very frustrated with some issues while working on the main harness initially. Some of it due to LSJ harness and connectors being different than what's in the videos, and some of it due to "sketchy"...
  2. Iwanttogofast

Ecotec Fuel Rails

I am getting some conflicting information, so I thought that I would check in with the Goblin folks to get the real scoop. I did a search first, and did not see where this has been addressed previously. My LSJ (2007 SS/SC) was from the rust belt, unfortunately. I've cleaned up, painted, and...
  3. Iwanttogofast

Anodized Shifter Kits

I see that the Anodized Shifter Kits are all out of stock. Do you have an ETA on when they may be back in stock? I'm very much hoping that this wasn't a one-time thing, and that you'll have them available again soon. Please advise...
  4. Iwanttogofast

Goblin Rear Control Arms

I'm not yet ready to install many of my suspension components, but I realized today that my powder coater did not return my notes with my coated parts. I'm able to figure out most of it from pictures that I had taken beforehand. However, I am not sure on the orientation of my control arms for...
  5. Iwanttogofast

Main Harness Question

I'm working on getting my main harness completed this weekend. There are some things in my wiring harness (2007 SS/SC) that are quite different from the videos. One is this connector. Somehow, this one didn't get labeled during teardown. I'm guessing that it's the headliner connector, but...
  6. Iwanttogofast

Corrugated wire protection?

I am getting ready to get into the harness part of my Goblin, and am wondering if I should use corrugated wire cover / protector like is around the harness from the factory. The videos appear to show just taping the hell out of the harness. Not only could that be a sticky mess if you ever need...
  7. Iwanttogofast

Coolant Overflow Feed

Does anyone know the thread diameter and pitch of the ported bolt in the cylinder head next to the CTS that feeds the coolant overflow line? LSJ engine... There are no markings on the bolt head at all. At first glance, I was sure that it was going to be 7/16-20UNF. But it's not. Then I...
  8. Iwanttogofast

Tuning Program Collection / Repository

I'm not seeing this anywhere, but has anyone considered an HP Tuners program catalog collection in the forum? It would be awesome for Goblin builders to post programs with their specific program info. That way, other Goblin builders could download one close to what they have as a baseline, and...
  9. Iwanttogofast

Panel Coating Options

I did a search first, but did not see that this has been addressed in the past… I’m in kind of a tough spot and weighing my options right now on what to do with my aluminum floor panels. I need to get this done soon so that I can then run my hoses and flip the chassis back over. I was going...
  10. Iwanttogofast

SC and E85

I did a search first, and did not see where this has been addressed previously. Please forgive me if it has. I'm wondering if any of you SS/SC Goblin guys running E85 have experimented with different spark plug heat ranges. According to what I'm seeing online, there is conflicting information...
  11. Iwanttogofast

Crushed Door Removal

I did a couple of searches before posting this, but didn't find anything. I'm sure that some of you have had a crunched door like my donor. How were you able to remove it in order to gain access to the interior and dash? I tried a couple of things briefly yesterday that did not work. Help?
  12. Iwanttogofast

Iwanttogofast's #336 City Goblin - 07 SS/SC Donor

Well, I am on my way to actually beginning my build with the teardown of my donor, which was delivered on Thursday evening. I had been waiting on just the right car (low mile Cobalt SS/SC from south), but ended up having to jump on one from Ohio because my chassis was getting ready for the jig...
  13. Iwanttogofast

Do Rear Struts Restrict Options?

Have any of you had to restrict wheel / tire choices due to using factory struts on the rear? I’m wondering if the size of the spring cup would restrict wheel offset options at all. I’ve seen pics of some Goblins using donor struts where the tires look very close. ??? And I have zero...
  14. Iwanttogofast

LSJ / LE5 Hybrid

I’ve searched threads (here and elsewhere) first, but cannot see where this question has been posted before. I’ve always been a small block chevy guy, and I know them well. My knowledge about the Ecotec is much more limited, but I’m learning as I go. I’ve heard some say that “most Ecotec...
  15. Iwanttogofast

Cutting the fat

Please bear with me here. Newbie alert! I have been kicking around the idea of building a DF Goblin for a while now, and I’m pulling the trigger in the next week, or so. Extended frame, open cage (city), easy entry side. I finally talked the wife into proceeding, but promised to be as frugal...
  16. Iwanttogofast

Ohio Registration

I have been kicking around the idea of building a DF Goblin for a while now, and I’m pulling the trigger in the next week, or so. Extended frame, open cage (city), easy entry side. I live in Ohio. Has anyone in Ohio actually gone through the registration process? And if so, any potential...