Search results

1. K

Anti Theft Re-engaged, Blowing ECM fuse and ignition fuse on BCM

So today was another test drive and this time we went a little further than normal. The roads we were on were a little bumpy and it ended up knocking off the ground wire from the battery while driving. We reattached it and when we did the car went into anti-theft mode. We tried reprogramming the...
  2. K

Heat Exchanger Pump Wiring

Did some more test driving today and it seems like its pulling timing due to some heat soak. Realized that the heat exchanger pump was not connected so I tried to connect it. I found the harness that the previous owner put together for the heat exchanger (its an aftermarket supercharger). I...
  3. K

Need new radiator

So while working on the kit I ended up bumping the radiator which caused a pretty big leak. Tried some things to seal it but it didn’t work, I couldn’t find anything on the name or brand of the radiator and I was wondering if anyone knew. I also checked the DF store and the radiator fan mounting...
  4. K

Rear Brake Caliper Name?

Asked a shop if they could repair the threads on the rear passenger side caliper and they said probably not so we are just going to order a new rear caliper. I looked around rock auto and didn't find any that matched the one DF sent with the kit, does anyone know the name or part number of them?
  5. K

BCM Power Connector

I was pushing around the bcm connector up front when it hit the brake line. Some of the wire was exposed and it sparked and a little fire caught before I pulled the connector off and disconnected the battery. There was no damage besides the wire being ripped out of the connector and the bcm...
  6. K

How to attach shifter links

I can’t seem to find a way to remove the threaded ends coming out of the shifter links, is there a special way to remove them?
  7. K

Hose Identification

These are the only two nipples that don't have anything attached to them: Sorry for the bad quality, this one is right above the main coolant line coming from the engine on the passenger side. Got told by a couple of people this went to the coolant resovoir but I already have a hose that goes...
  8. K

Bleeding Brakes

Tried bleeding the brakes today and couldn't get much to work. Found a few leaks that have been taken care of but when I try to bleed them I cant get any vacuum on the hand pump, I have to countinously pump it to get much of a vacuum at all. I am assuming there is another leak somewhere but...
  9. K

Anti-Theft

Thought it might be better to start a new thread for some no start issues. Tried to crank it for the first time and heard a click from the fusebox, and then nothing else happened. Tried to crank again then no click from fusebox and basically no other noises. Checked fuses and all seem to be...
  10. K

No Power, How Do I Test Issues?

So we got the wiring from DF yesterday and installed it in what we think is the correct way. We went to connect the battery terminals but whenever we go to connect the second one we get spark, not sure if that's an issue. I am very new to anything electrical and will probably need quite a bit of...
  11. K

Running Different Lines Help

Just needed some help identifying lines that run to one another: Does the line from the valve cover run to the overflow tank? Does the nipple coming from right above the coolant return line go to the port right next to the MAS on the intake? I know one of these goes to the clutch master...
  12. K

Banjo Bolt Help

I have been trying to install the banjo bolt on all of the brakes, I have cleaned off most of the powder coat and they still don't go in. Does anyone know what size of tap they need, we tried tapping out with, what it think is, the wrong size and may have messed up the threads a bit:
  13. K

Front Bearing Hub Trimming

Not sure if I am doing this correctly. I thought that I was supposed to chisel out the metal thing here but it seems like I might be doing a bit of damage to the hub:
  14. K

Rear Toe Link Rack

Any good pictures of this, I searched the forums for a little and couldn't find any? Also any good ones of the rear sway bar, I am 90% sure I got mine in correctly just want to be 100%. Here is one picture I found, This one has a bar running across it, would that be one of the steel parts DF...
  15. K

Set Screw for Rear?

I have just been checking over the rear brakes and noticed that there is no set screw at all for the rear brakes. Is that normal / why were they made like that, the disc doesn't have a way to lock in besides the wheel.
  16. K

Throttle Pedal in Correct Position?

We mocked up the seats today and noticed that the gas pedal is much further away from the brake and clutch pedal, this also means it is much farther away and harder to press when in the seat. Is it in the correct spot? Just realized I probably should have got a photo of the top half of the...
  17. K

Missing Rod End Mounts

I was just trying to get going more on the front suspension and I realized that I could not find these pieces: Anyone know what box or bag they came in? I looked in the front suspension box and they are not there.
  18. K

Detailed Rear Brake Photos?

I am having some troubled installing the rear brakes, I was wondering if anyone had more detailed photos. Most of the threads I have seen go over mounting the first bracket well but when it comes to mounting the actual piston I am very confused.
  19. K

What is this?

I am quite confused what this piece is. It is at the end of where the driver side main coolant line should attach to the coolant hose that runs through the frame: Should I keep it on? Also why do I have a secondary tank that looks somewhat like the expansion tank ^
  20. K

Coilover Issues

I am having some trouble with my coilovers. For the front ones I cannot seem to put the joint in straight. I have tried the method described in the video but that didn't work so I put it into my vice and tried pressing it through but that also did not go in straight and damaged the inside of...