Ark's City Goblin #187 (2008 SS/TC donor)

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
And step by step instructions

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Been a while since I've updated. Because well, it's been a while since I've done anything except drive and enjoy the Goblin. But today, I decided to knock a few residual things off my list.

I adjusted the camber on my front wheels (again). It's about 1.5 degrees on the driver side and about 1 degree on the passenger side. I'll drive it sometime this week and test that out.

I finally tweaked the input level on my amp. Now it should be loud enough to hear while driving. I've been REALLY lazy about that because I tend to not listen to music while driving; I listen to the car instead. But, if I'm going to get my wife in the car, it needs to have music. And now, it does. I still have not cut speaker holes in my engine cover because I am planning to change the color of the Goblin sometime before the next driving season, and figured I would cut the holes at the same time as I peel the plastidip off.

20210918_142518.jpg

I also took out my gauge cluster and fixed the tach needle. When I put the white gauge faces in, I inadvertently "broke" the tach. So I fixed that today (finally), and then I removed the white gauge faces. Friend of mine commented that they looked tacky (I didn't really agree with that), but I did some thinking, and the white gauges won't look right when I change the color during the driving offseason. So, out they came.

And yes, while the cluster was out, I taped over the CEL and the seatbelt light. I've pretty much given up on Bradr's beltminder device, as it seems real life has hit him pretty hard and he's not around much anymore.

Remaining projects, due date sometime within the next year (hey, go easy on me, ok?):
  • New shoes all around. This one will be soon, but I want to make sure the camber is right first.
  • I want to take out the front-facing camera (I've found it to be utterly pointless), and instead of displaying that video feed on my backup camera's screen, instead I want to put a set of gauges on there, powered by a Raspberry Pi. I've got it mostly working now but I need to actually implement it. That's an offseason project though, for now, I want to drive.
  • Alternatively to the above, I may explore a Pi-powered DVR and keep the front-facing camera. That'd be a really neat, IT-nerdy project and a cool alternative to the typical GoPro.
  • Install the rear speakers (again, I'll do that whenever I change the car's color).
  • Further explore a keyless start system. This is only a maybe; I don't mind using a key to start the car at all.
I am planning to do a (possibly unscripted) video walk-around and review of the car to put on YouTube.

Also, I finally upgraded by building myself a new desktop PC. It's almost impossible to avoid RGB nowadays, so I kept it as low-key as possible. This box (I'm a part-time gamer) should last me a good long time, I hope. Yes, I've cut off the yellow cable tags in the pic, since it was taken.

20210914_212644.jpg

That's it for now.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Motorcycle Helmet with a Balaclava works wonders for cold weather. Used to do it in Illinois when there wasn't snow/slush on the ground. You'll also want some nice insulated gloves for the wind.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Motorcycle Helmet with a Balaclava works wonders for cold weather. Used to do it in Illinois when there wasn't snow/slush on the ground. You'll also want some nice insulated gloves for the wind.
Yep. I won't be doing a helmet but I have some face coverings that should make me good to about 30F though. :D:D:D