Kenny and Ashleys extended city goblin- 08 SS TC DONOR #218

Kenny123

So you had the big wire straight to ground? :eek:
No I just thought thats what I needed. Didn't actually do it. But I did check the post to ground with the engine on to see if it makes 14vDc and it isn't. Well see gonna connect this wire from the post to the hot side of the starter tonight and see what she does.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Ok. Understood.

ya. Make your connection, then test again. After that, make sure the connector on the side has 12v (with ignition on and/or while running) so it actually “triggers” the alternator to come on. Like I said, technically you didn’t mess with the engine harness at all.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
If the black wire wasn't connected there was no circuit, so you shouldn't have damaged the alternator or any of the wiring. But with no charging loop to the battery it was the only source of current when you tried to start and run the engine - on a questionable one to begin with - so the only casualty should be the dead battery.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Hmm, a little car, looks fast, never been seen before by the police in your area. Betting those fish could wait. :oops: Be careful, that curiosity could determine that go-kart may not be street legal.

Kenny123

Hmm, a little car, looks fast, never been seen before by the police in your area. Betting those fish could wait. :oops: Be careful, that curiosity could determine that go-kart may not be street legal.
Well sir you have bet incorrectly. I think I'll be ok. Thanks though haha.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Now go take a picture of Santa and join us in the picture game. :D
Game Rules:
-A challenge is presented
-First person to get a photo with their goblin in front of the previous posters challenge gets the win and gets to post the next challenge.
-No pictures older than 30 days.
-No re-using the same photo for multiple challenges
-Don’t make it overly hard, we don’t want to stall the game.
-nothing illegal or unsafe

*Note: Post challenges that are reasonable so enough members can have the opportunity to keep the game play going. If a challenge sits for too long, it will be considered dead and the last person to post the challenge can repost another one or if totally dead, then any one can post a new challenge (preferably someone who is more active in the game).

Let‘s have some fun. :cool:

Goblin Graber

All were waiting on is the wing... just drove her for about an hour downtown Charleston. In hopes the cops have Bigger fish to fry than a couple having fun.
I was in the car business for 10 years and we used to “ghost ride” whips all the time. I probably drove a car more without plates between 06-16 than I did with one lol

after you’ve had a chance to drive it a bit how do the brakes feel?

Kenny123

I was in the car business for 10 years and we used to “ghost ride” whips all the time. I probably drove a car more without plates between 06-16 than I did with one lol

after you’ve had a chance to drive it a bit how do the brakes feel?
Hahaha. I hear ya man haha. Brakes feel great now that its on the road I think I was just worried for no reason.

Kenny123

I see you have empty holes for some naca ducts in the hood...anything else left to do right now besides drive it?
Actually JUST installed the ducts about 5 min ago!! Now we are about to go cruise around the city again for a bit :) drove this am around the park and lost boost. Let the car cool down as we didn't have the ducts installed yet and she rips again.

Kenny123

Now go take a picture of Santa and join us in the picture game. :D
Game Rules:
-A challenge is presented
-First person to get a photo with their goblin in front of the previous posters challenge gets the win and gets to post the next challenge.
-No pictures older than 30 days.
-No re-using the same photo for multiple challenges
-Don’t make it overly hard, we don’t want to stall the game.
-nothing illegal or unsafe

*Note: Post challenges that are reasonable so enough members can have the opportunity to keep the game play going. If a challenge sits for too long, it will be considered dead and the last person to post the challenge can repost another one or if totally dead, then any one can post a new challenge (preferably someone who is more active in the game).

Let‘s have some fun. :cool:

That sounds like a blast. I will certainly be playing. Thank you!!

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Actually JUST installed the ducts about 5 min ago!! Now we are about to go cruise around the city again for a bit :) drove this am around the park and lost boost. Let the car cool down as we didn't have the ducts installed yet and she rips again.
check for codes. You may have something making the turbo go into default.

Kenny123

check for codes. You may have something making the turbo go into default.
I checked and actually just the normal evap code. I just let everything cool down and installed those ducts and drove for about an hour again and no issues. I will keep that in mind if it happens again!