MisterDave's - Ext. city Goblin - 09 SS/TC donor

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Watching with interest, as I am probably going to assemble that stuff this weekend, assuming I get my hardware baggie today/tomorrow.

Are you planning to cut your tunnel into separate pieces? I think I'm going to drill two new rivet holes in the tunnel right behind the shifter, and cut it between the holes.
I used screws to secure my tunnel cap. I wanted to be able to take mine back off if need be.

Oh and I ran fish string through the tunnel and taped it off on each end, just in case I needed to pull wires through later.

MisterDave

Maybe those washers are to help even out the 2 brake cables?
Thanks for the link. This is the only possible answer I can find. I’m hoping to work on this today, so I guess I’ll go with this plan.

MisterDave

I’m looking at the hardware bag for the parking brake kit. Can anyone tell me the correct place to use these 4 large washers?
View attachment 15663
View attachment 15664
Just got my answer! Lonny replied to me email (on a saturday no less! Impressive)... Here's what he said:
"Some of the calipers what installed almost rub the brake rotors. One of our customers recommended sending some extra washers that could be used to move the caliper away from the rotor.
If everything clears you will not use those washers."

Thank you Lonny!

MisterDave

Could anyone send me a pic of how the parking brake cable runs? I've seen the posts from the helpful album... I'm just trying to figure out the best way to route it around the coolant hose. So if anyone has a pic showing the path of the cable from the caliper location to the aluminum tube it would be really helpful.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
IMG_8585.jpgIMG_8586.jpg

Ross

Goblin Guru
Could anyone send me a pic of how the parking brake cable runs? I've seen the posts from the helpful album... I'm just trying to figure out the best way to route it around the coolant hose. So if anyone has a pic showing the path of the cable from the caliper location to the aluminum tube it would be really helpful.
Lonny ran the cables along the frame. I straightened out the aluminum tubes, and found that the oil pan had this perfect spot to run the cables thru. I wanted to be able to move my parking brake handle further forward (towards the shifter) to make it more ergonomic for my arm length, plus it meant less turns for the cables.

Just one big 180 loop at the end.

Last edited:

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Believe it or not, it’s pretty much self explanatory, once you kind of lay it all together.

also, take the brackets on the cables and bend them out (see pic), then attach them to the struts to keep the cables stable.

Attachments

MisterDave

Thank you everyone for the pictures. I should be able to get it from those. I will attempt to get at least one of them on tonight.

MisterDave

just some notes on this mornings progress. If you see I’m doing something wrong, please let me know.
926AB336-6162-4819-8595-52D5055B7259.jpeg

parking brake kit

MisterDave

I put the first part of the caliper on. (85 ft lbs). I ended up using those washers I was asking about before for spacers. When I tried without them the outer part of the bracket looked like it was almost touching the disc and the inner had a much larger gap. With the washers in it about an even gap on both sides.

MisterDave

I finished installed all of the brake calipers and pads. My rear braided brake lines from DF don’t fit my rear calipers:

This is the closest I could get it. I’ve seen some have chosen to grind the fitting to fit and I’ve noticed some have a round fitting that fits better. Still debating what to do with this.
Im really close to my first test drive. All I really need to do is get these brake hoses connected and bleed my brakes. Then it’s wheels and alignment.

Murcielago311

Round is probably the better shape. My square fitting lines barely clear my 18" wheels. I know most run a smaller wheel.

MisterDave

Tail lights...
I'm sure this answer is somewhere, but I can't seem to find it right now.
The tail light have a red, white, black and another red and white.
My wiring from the Goblin (for one of the tail lights) is light green, yellow, brown and black.

What is the proper connection?
Is it:
Black-black
red- yellow
other red - light green
both whites - brown?

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
The whites on the taillights are ground. I don't recall which is which amongst the remaining reds and the black, but if you apply 12v to them, you can figure it out easily enough, just ground the whites first.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Tail lights...
My wiring from the Goblin (for one of the tail lights) is light green, yellow, brown and black.
What is the proper connection?
I agree with Ark, test your lights with 12V to figure out what the wires are.

On the Goblin, the black is ground, brown is the dim red running lights.
Yellow and green are your bright red for brakes and turn signals, left and right repectively.
Light green is reverse lights.
Light blue is chmsl light (third brake light), which can also be used if your tail lights have an independent brake light.
The front has independent turn signal wires for the left and right side, for our side mirrors, but could be run to the rear if you need independent turn lights there too.

Last edited: