Tail light I'm guessing is:
Red, white, and black - brake light, ground and running lights
Red, White - Reverse light, ground

MisterDave

I just checked the wires that are grouped red, white and black and found:
Red- bright red light
black - dim red light

MisterDave

I just put some brake fluid in to prepare to bleed the brakes. I was looking around for leaks and found a drip(see video). I’m afraid my clutch line has a leak near where it connects to the transmission. Bummed because I’m probably going to have to take out the fuse box to figure out what’s going on. Any guesses? advice?

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Hard to tell from the photos. Looks like you may have a gap, but there also looks like a small piece may be broken off the end of the fitting? I see something shiny in there that probably shouldn't be visible if the fitting is fully seated. Sorry to say but it should probably come apart to see what's going on. :confused:

MisterDave

Alright... I got the elbow off. The seal was jammed up inside so I’m guess that means it wasn’t seated properly. I think everything else looks good. Should I try to get a new seal? Or do you think just seating it on the clutch pipe correctly should do it?

Ross

Goblin Guru
Chevy sold me a new distribution block, I doubt you can buy just the seal.
Try it, test it, if it doesn't leak, run with it.

Ross

Goblin Guru
I think you can just buy one of these: https://zzperformance.com/products/hydraulic-clutch-elbow?_pos=6&_sid=45aec8abc&_ss=r

... along with one of these, but only use if for the seal on top and don't actually install the whole pipe: https://zzperformance.com/products/clutch-pipe?_pos=1&_sid=7e05fd005&_ss=r
The first item is the distribution block (Chevy term) and if it is leaking at the connection with
the second item, the bent pipe, then you need to install it inside the bell housing, which means pulling the engine, and splitting off the transmission.
(I just did that last winter)

If it (the elbow/distribution block) is leaking on the connection with the clutch line, then you should be able to fix it without pulling the engine.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
The o ring/seal has to go on the trans side, then slide the elbow over it and make sure it seats properly. That seal is made of unobainium.

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
Thank you for the reply's...
So if I'm gathering everything correctly, the Goblin side is:
Black-ground
Light green - reverse lights
brown - running lights
yellow(right side) dark Green(left side) - brake/blinker bright lights

Tail light I'm guessing is:
Red, white, and black - brake light, ground and running lights
Red, White - Reverse light, ground
Maybe this will help

Attachments

MisterDave

I replaced the elbow and the seal for the clutch. I also tried to tie down the clutch line so it entered the elbow at a lower angle. I think it was pushing up on the elbow a bit. I don't think this had anything to do with the leak, but figured it couldn't hurt. So far no leaks! I bled the brakes and clutch this morning and check it every now and then for leaks... so far so good.

Now that I have the clutch I tried to go through my gears.... Can't seem to find 5th or reverse. Sounds like it's a common problem.... Any tips to dial it in?

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
I replaced the elbow and the seal for the clutch. I also tried to tie down the clutch line so it entered the elbow at a lower angle. I think it was pushing up on the elbow a bit. I don't think this had anything to do with the leak, but figured it couldn't hurt. So far no leaks! I bled the brakes and clutch this morning and check it every now and then for leaks... so far so good.

Now that I have the clutch I tried to go through my gears.... Can't seem to find 5th or reverse. Sounds like it's a common problem.... Any tips to dial it in?
I had a hell of a time getting the metal U shaped pin in on mine.... more or less jammed it in and hope he doesn't come out.

With the 5th and reverse, that's usually adjustment on the trans cables themselves. My shifter cable nuts are both situated in the middle of the threads and my trans cables are the ones I had to adjust to reach 5th and reverse... ended up being a trial and error which you can do with the car off. Once you're able to get into those gears then take it for a drive and fine tune.

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru

To get 5th and reverse , what I did was tighten bottom nut on left cable up about 3/4“ and if you still don’t have reverse shorten up drivers side shift rod a little at a time until you have reverse

Attachments

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Speaking of dust and dirt on the floorboard, that reminds me. I bought a floor mat from Lowe's and cut it to size as floor mats for my car. Getting in and out of the Goblin is a challenge, and if I get in wrong, I end up kicking the mat forward and jamming it up under the pedals.

Any suggestions for a way to keep the mats stationary, but removeable? Like, I don't want to affix them to the floorboard, but I want them to reasonably "stick" where I want them. Maybe like a spray-on tacky substance?

Vwsaabvt

Goblin Guru
Speaking of dust and dirt on the floorboard, that reminds me. I bought a floor mat from Lowe's and cut it to size as floor mats for my car. Getting in and out of the Goblin is a challenge, and if I get in wrong, I end up kicking the mat forward and jamming it up under the pedals.

Any suggestions for a way to keep the mats stationary, but removeable? Like, I don't want to affix them to the floorboard, but I want them to reasonably "stick" where I want them. Maybe like a spray-on tacky substance?
velcro