Not an actual corgi's Build Log - 2007 SS/SC

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
Plus you'll probably have an easier time touching it up than some of us powdercoated folks. Your dents and dings may sting but at least you can fix them!
FIFY. I chose my powder coat based on the fact that I could get touch up aerosol lol

Corgithulhu

I rolled it out in the sun for a glamor shot this morning. In love with this color!

I also just noticed there's a Goblin in DF's gallery that has basically this same color. So much for being original :cool:

Rauq

Goblin Guru
Did you order a hood and side panels? Is there more to your color scheme (or has it been decided)?

Corgithulhu

Pretty sure every color has been used by someone at this point, including pink. :)
I knew I should have asked for the glass tube frame.

Did you order a hood and side panels? Is there more to your color scheme (or has it been decided)?
Yep! Hood and side panels (and that's all for the body options for me). Right now I'm thinking a gunmetal satin paint for the hood and cleaning the side panels to be a cleaned up bare aluminum.

Corgithulhu

Floor boards are on. I kept them bare since I'll be putting a non-slip coating or mat later down the line. Plus, I like the bare aluminum look because race car :cool:. I went with the rivnut and screw method instead of the rivets in the kit. Very happy with the results - it looks very clean and I like the peace of mind that I can always take off the floor.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Did you put any silicon or foam tape or something between the floor panels and frame to dampen the inevitable rattling of metal to metal?

Corgithulhu

Yes, and you can actually see it sticking out the front of the forward panel in the top picture. It's that dense foam neoprene tape. That glue is SUPER tacky when it was as humid as monsoon season yesterday, so definitely a bit of a wrestling match, but I like the stuff. I used it in exactly all the spots Lonny put caulk.

Rauq

Goblin Guru
Yes, and you can actually see it sticking out the front of the forward panel in the top picture. It's that dense foam neoprene tape. That glue is SUPER tacky when it was as humid as monsoon season yesterday, so definitely a bit of a wrestling match, but I like the stuff. I used it in exactly all the spots Lonny put caulk.
He's local to me. It's not expected to let up at all this week, either, so no street tuning for me for a little while :(

Corgithulhu

Yeah, I'm in Greenville SC too. May not truly be monsoon rains, but the air feels like a steam oven all day long. Enough rain to keep Rauq from wanting to drive in it, I'm sure.

I just went outside and rattle canned some more brackets for 15 minutes, in the mid 70's, and came back inside pouring sweat.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Ok. Because monsoon season is the time of year - now - when we get 1/2 of our annual rainfall here in Phoenix. Been pretty rainy and thick/muggy here too, but with high 90s to low 100s. My poor bare frame now looks copper-brown with a light layer of rust. :(

Corgithulhu

Ugh that sounds miserable. The high humidity and rain is why I jumped on priming it the day it landed. I didn't want to risk having to scrub off a ton of rust first. I wouldn't be surprised if we also get half our rain at the end of the summer. It's basically clockwork where a storm rolls through from 3 to 5 pm every day.

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
Ugh that sounds miserable. The high humidity and rain is why I jumped on priming it the day it landed. I didn't want to risk having to scrub off a ton of rust first. I wouldn't be surprised if we also get half our rain at the end of the summer. It's basically clockwork where a storm rolls through from 3 to 5 pm every day.
That's the perk of powder coating. All that rust becomes someone else's problem and they blast before coating anyway lol

Corgithulhu

Well my dad and I got the engine mounted and running this weekend! Definitely a big relief after the engine sat around for a few months. The K-member was installed after this photo.

The only nagging issue so far is the OBD port does not seem to be powering up. I have a bluetooth reader that plugs in and will export to an app on a phone. I confirmed it worked just fine in both my truck and my dad's truck, but it acted like it had no power in the Goblin's port. Any ideas where to start?

Corgithulhu

That helped a ton. Saw no voltage at any of the pins. The cigarette lighter outlet fuse was blown, and putting the good fog lamp fuse in its place made it receive voltage fine. I didn't want to start it up at night to test data, but I will definitely try it tomorrow. Thanks!