Towerdog's Indiana Street Goblin Build (#250) 07 SS/SC Donor

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
I finally had a little time this afternoon to mess with my car. I am having some major electrical problems!
Lighting is all perfect but I have no power to the fuel pump, starter relay fuse, injectors, butterfly... I have checked every fuse, connection, and pins in the plugs. Display will read the temp 0Miles, then power steering (if red wire is plugged in at fuse box) and then low coolant (none in there).
I can hear the injectors click if I touch their fuse with the test light.
OBD II scanner reads error, like its not hooked up or the key is off when it is. Worked fine before it was stripped.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
I finally had a little time this afternoon to mess with my car. I am having some major electrical problems!
Lighting is all perfect but I have no power to the fuel pump, starter relay fuse, injectors, butterfly... I have checked every fuse, connection, and pins in the plugs. Display will read the temp 0Miles, then power steering (if red wire is plugged in at fuse box) and then low coolant (none in there).
I can hear the injectors click if I touch their fuse with the test light.
OBD II scanner reads error, like its not hooked up or the key is off when it is. Worked fine before it was stripped.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
You may not have the connectors seated all the way in the fuse block. Make sure they are tightened all the way

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Hit them with an Impact..... The fuse box has been in and out several times... The latest to get in to bleed the clutch.
Did a pin possibly get pushed in. If you get power when you jump it with the test light it seems like it’s not seated all the way

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
So this is where I'm at I have a few days to mess with this before heading back to Texas. I am at wits end with this thing.

2007 SS/SC Ran like a champ and everything tested out before stripping. OBD Read fine (had code for atmospheric pressure) but that was hooked up wrong.

ODB will not read when connected (thinks its not connected or the key is off)

I have headlights, markers, turn, brake lights. Cluster lights up will give a "power Steering" if I plug in the red wire to the fuse box. Other than that just "low coolant" None in it

I have no power to the fuel pump fuse.

The injector, EXH, or PCM/ECM fuse if hit with a test light will light dim and something clicks in the engine. Same with the red emissions plug.

Radiator fan will turn on if test light is touched to its pin in the plug (unplugged)

I have pulled every connector out, checked for bent pins, and reseated. Checked every ground for continuity, every fuse... I just don't know,, seems like a ground to me or that power is not getting to the engine circuit or ECM.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Check continuity from pin 2 on OBDII and pin 16 on PCM C1 Pin 16 (blue connector at pcm).

Pin 2 on the OBDII is a serial data connection on the LSJs and it’s the exact same color as the low speed GMLAN wire on Pin 1. @ToxicBill and myself both soldered these with the rest of the low speed GMLAN cables which causes the OBD to have connection issues when using a reader or HPTuners.

As far as the fuel pump goes, I’ll have to pull the schematics from alldata, but at least this may fix your OBD issue.

Attachments

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
PCM C1 Pin 37 is the Fuel Pump Relay Control and goes to fuse block C2/F6 (C2 is the block that has the corner cut out of it and closest to the power distribution block in the fuse box). so check continuity between these 2 connections.

This is where it hits the relay and signal will come out at C2/D4 going to the fuel pump connector on pin 1. Check continuity here as well.

Attachments

Fozda

Goblin Guru
Check continuity from pin 2 on OBDII and pin 16 on PCM C1 Pin 16 (blue connector at pcm).

Pin 2 on the OBDII is a serial data connection on the LSJs and it’s the exact same color as the low speed GMLAN wire on Pin 1. @ToxicBill and myself both soldered these with the rest of the low speed GMLAN cables which causes the OBD to have connection issues when using a reader or HPTuners.
The quickest way to test it is just test continuity between pins 1 and 2 in the OBD2 port.

Towerdog

Goblin Guru

As far as the fuel pump goes, I’ll have to pull the schematics from alldata, but at least this may fix your OBD issue.
Ok I do not know how the blue ECM plug pins out but I have continuity from the OBD II pin to to this pin on the ECM blue plug. The wires come out of the right side in pic.

20210420_121040.jpg

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Pin outs in the pictures in the other 2 posts, but that is pin 16 on the blue ECM plug. So it's not the data wire causing the OBD issue.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
No, pin 1 is the low speed gmlan, pin 2 is the serial data connection directly to the PCM.

I was fighting a connection issue to the PCM using an OBDII bluetooth adapter and with HPTuners this past weekend. Everything else on my harness worked except that. Once @ToxicBill pointed me to the pin issue I found my issue and resolved it.

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
PCM C1 Pin 37 is the Fuel Pump Relay Control and goes to fuse block C2/F6 (C2 is the block that has the corner cut out of it and closest to the power distribution block in the fuse box). so check continuity between these 2 connections.

This is where it hits the relay and signal will come out at C2/D4 going to the fuel pump connector on pin 1. Check continuity here as well.
I have cont. between 37-C2/F6 but not 1-C2/D4

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Can't find it referenced in the schematics at the moment glancing through, but if I remember correctly, all black wires in the harness are grounds.

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
Can't find it referenced in the schematics at the moment glancing through, but if I remember correctly, all black wires in the harness are grounds.
Well if you overlay the fuse block it is one side of the "aftercool" fuse.. and it is C1/B5 not E8