Towerdog's Indiana Street Goblin Build (#250) 07 SS/SC Donor

Jareth

Goblin Guru
That S#cks, but my question is where did you get the graphic from? Would like to see what else they have?

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
Well I took my wife for her first ride yesterday evening. Just a 6 mile lap around a country "block", Kept it around 45mph..... Nice smooth ride then the last turn onto our road I gave it a little juice in second, up to 60 and she snapped her head at me and said "you are going to kill yourself in this thing,,, Its fast!" No brownie points earned...

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
A little update, I spent last week on the road, Came home to find the state granted me a VIN number so hopefully the neighbor (cop) can get over here this weekend and sign off the paperwork so I can apply for the title next week. Should have it legal and on the road some time next month.

Just like everyone else the car is done but not done. I ended up painting the hood matte black and will need to let it gas out for a month or so before I wrap it again. I typically drive it daily, around the country mile to put miles on it and look for gremlins, loose bolts, ect. What a blast it is to drive!!

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
So my clutch issue has reappeared. Went for a drive on Sunday and I could tell that there was next to no clutch left. Get it back in the shop and sure enough a puddle on the floor the next morning. Worst of it is I cannot see where it is leaking,,, The clutch pipe to elbow seem to be fine, clutch pipe to slave shows no sign of fluid... Kinda lost at this point, guess I need to have my wife sit in it and cycle the pedal while I look with the camera......

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
When I had to problem of two o-rings in the elbow, it showed no signs of leaking other than the puddle in the floor.

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
When I had to problem of two o-rings in the elbow, it showed no signs of leaking other than the puddle in the floor.
You just gave me hope!

This is where it was clearly leaking last time.... And now that you say that I remember it being hard as heck to get the thing to go down and snap on.... If two were in there,,,,,,

Not so lucky, Only one in there.

Last edited:

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Any chance you blew out the slave cylinder by over extending? About the only spots to leak are the elbow and the slave.

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
Any chance you blew out the slave cylinder by over extending? About the only spots to leak are the elbow and the slave.
Im hoping and believing the clutch pipe seal was not installed on the pipe itself there for not sealing completely. I have installed a new elbow/distribution block and made sure the seal was seated properly..... Now I need to run to town and get a cheap 9mm wrench so I can bend it to be able to get it in there.... PITA!

DistributionBlockNipple.jpg

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
The "Goblin clutch bleeder wrench" made that process so much easier.. Got them rebled and it seems to be holding pressure with no drips. We will let it sit overnight and see if there is any fluid on the floor.

Found a way to add brake fluid w/o taking the hood off.

Attachments

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
The "Goblin clutch bleeder wrench" made that process so much easier.. Got them rebled and it seems to be holding pressure with no drips. We will let it sit overnight and see if there is any fluid on the floor.

Found a way to add brake fluid w/o taking the hood off.
Sounds like you need to work on a hood hinge system. ;):D Believe @Torchandregdoc put together something workable using donor hinges(?).

Lokian

Well I am officially official! Got insurance approval yesterday and plated this morning. 9 minutes in and out of the BMV, Thats got to be some kind of a record. The down side heavy rain and thunderstorms all day today.
Congrats :cool:

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Congrats. I have to tell you. You were on of my motivations to keep building as fast as I did. When I saw we were starting at about the same time in my mind it became a race to the finish. I did beat you there by 2 weeks but looking at your pictures I think I should have slowed down a bit and did some more prep work on the engine clean up.

2.0 Turbo

Congratulations!
You really did fly through the process. I’m still moving forward, just not as fast. Enjoy an hopefully see you an others on the road soon....