Towerdog's Indiana Street Goblin Build (#250) 07 SS/SC Donor

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
If it is the slave cylinder it may need to be shimmed to prevent any chance of over extension and fluid loss (while sucking in some air). Getting that distance correct between the slave cylinder and clutch plate arms/levers is a challenge if any non-stock part is used - or wear on the parts.
Man that makes alot of sence.

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
I am currently on the verge of dumping five gallons of gas on this thing and torching it!!!

Thursday I installed a .250 bearing spacer along with a new OEM throw out bearing, bled the system by cycling the clutch pedal (old school) Seemed to be fine, tested it in the shop yesterday, Still very little throw in the pedal. Today it finally stopped raining so I got it out for a drive. No clutch by the time I got to the end of my 380' driveway!

Everything in the system is new with the exception of the pedal itself. New Master, DF line from master to elbow, New elbow and seal, New clutch pipe, and new throw-out bearing.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
This problem has turned into a real head scratcher. Is it still leaking - even a little - anywhere that you can see? Air can go back into even a little leak easier than the fluid can come out. Assuming all of the gaskets and o-rings are also new, it has to be a connection. Offhand thinking it is one of the 'splice' connections going from the DF hose size to the master cylinder or slave fitting at the elbow is sucking air???

We can see this has been a very frustrating adventure, but hang in there. You will eventually find the culprit and get it fixed. :D

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
This problem has turned into a real head scratcher. Is it still leaking - even a little - anywhere that you can see? Air can go back into even a little leak easier than the fluid can come out. Assuming all of the gaskets and o-rings are also new, it has to be a connection. Offhand thinking it is one of the 'splice' connections going from the DF hose size to the master cylinder or slave fitting at the elbow is sucking air???

We can see this has been a very frustrating adventure, but hang in there. You will eventually find the culprit and get it fixed. :D
Its probably the reservoir you sold me..

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Its probably the reservoir you sold me..
I hope not. I can only vouch for its function and integrity as removed from the donor. Plus the reservoir is not on the pressure side of the clutch circuit. Any air in the feed line should float back to the reservoir, if it is mounted above the master cylinder. :oops:

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
I hope not. I can only vouch for its function and integrity as removed from the donor. Plus the reservoir is not on the pressure side of the clutch circuit. Any air in the feed line should float back to the reservoir, if it is mounted above the master cylinder. :oops:
Ohh I was just kidding. Im thinking about getting a remote res for the clutch just to eliminate any doubts in that. I am in Alaska for the week and have cardboard under the car to see if there are any minor drips. From Thursday to yesterday there was nothing but water from what I assume got trapped in the bell housing from me washing the car on Friday.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
If you get to the point where you have to pull the transmission again, I would assemble the whole hydraulic system without the transmission by restraining the throw out bearing and checking for leaks. That was going to be my next step when when I found my leaking elbow.

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
If you get to the point where you have to pull the transmission again, I would assemble the whole hydraulic system without the transmission by restraining the throw out bearing and checking for leaks. That was going to be my next step when when I found my leaking elbow.
I think my next move, as stated above is to isolate the res from the brakes.... have 0 problems w the brakes but I caint see through the stock res to see what is going on... I do know that the first few times I bled the system the fluid was black which was puzzling due to everything being new.... maybe the office is partially plugged and it is not getting enough fluid..

BTW how much travel in the pedal do you have before the clutch is fully engaged?
Mine was the same as before I added the spacer, about 1".

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
I think my next move, as stated above is to isolate the res from the brakes.... have 0 problems w the brakes but I caint see through the stock res to see what is going on... I do know that the first few times I bled the system the fluid was black which was puzzling due to everything being new.... maybe the office is partially plugged and it is not getting enough fluid..

BTW how much travel in the pedal do you have before the clutch is fully engaged?
If everything is new sounds like a bad slave cylinder. The only other suggestion is have is follow the steel line to make sure there are no cracks in it. My pedal engages about an inch off the floor but isn’t fully engaged until about halfway out.

Ross

Goblin Guru

Here is an option to supply clutch fluid that has worked for well for me.