What do you not like about your Goblin

lksohm

I only have a few small things that bug me about the car. I'd like it to have a little more storage area and I'd like it to have more fuel capacity. Neither of these are a big deal but I have a ~500 mile cruise planned for this weekend that getting everything that I'll need for my passenger and myself without having luggage on our laps for 9 hours it getting tricky. I'm sure there are ways around this but I haven't got there yet.
The only reason these are issue is because of how good the car is at cruising. I was very surprised by that.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
I only have a few small things that bug me about the car. I'd like it to have a little more storage area and I'd like it to have more fuel capacity. Neither of these are a big deal but I have a ~500 mile cruise planned for this weekend that getting everything that I'll need for my passenger and myself without having luggage on our laps for 9 hours it getting tricky. I'm sure there are ways around this but I haven't got there yet.
The only reason these are issue is because of how good the car is at cruising. I was very surprised by that.
temporary roof rack?

jamesm

Goblin Guru
I find it interesting that almost all the items listed here are really good opportunities for Lonny and Adam to improve the kit or for others to provide some value add services. Little is said about poor craftsmanship or kit contents. Most of the items are creature comforts. Speaks volumes about how much effort the DF folks put into making a great kit.

PyroGuy923

Traffic lights, Stop signs, and idiots in the other lane. That is the biggest reason for selling mine. I enjoyed driving the car just not where I live at.
Having family in Pitt is it the hills or the idiots that pull part way into the road/intersection?

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Having family in Pitt is it the hills or the idiots that pull part way into the road/intersection?
Daytime running lights - bright ones - can help that, but you can't fix stupid. :D

Edit: a couple these and there is no one won't see you coming down the road.

Last edited:

benjy

I find it interesting that almost all the items listed here are really good opportunities for Lonny and Adam to improve the kit or for others to provide some value add services. Little is said about poor craftsmanship or kit contents. Most of the items are creature comforts. Speaks volumes about how much effort the DF folks put into making a great kit.
Agreed! I’m currently building chassis #7, and everything just works. I’m constantly impressed by the quality of this kit.

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
That and the community help on the forums.

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
  1. Cost...budget for near $20 - $25k.
  2. Rear factory suspension fixed by upgrading.
  3. Used engines...Cost me $1800 to build a new one.
  4. Rivets I threaded a lot of holes especially tunnel cover I have removed a few times.
  5. I love the supercharger whine especially with the smaller 2.9 pulley and the intake tilted up behind my head but the drone of the exhaust can get a bit annoying at cruising speed. Maybe a custom exhaust in the future for me.
  6. Purchasing has not stopped and its been 2 years.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
extra fuel would be tricky, but may be able to get a few extra gallons, but not too much more without major redesign.

look into motorcycle accessories for storage. You can pack a ton into a motorcycle with their cool accessories.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Maybe a set of saddle bags attached to the side of the frame in front of the rear tires/suspension? Just thinking outside the box. :D